General | Faculty Training and Support | Course and Program Development Quality Assurance | Student Support Services | Technology Infrastructure
1. Increase the number of quality distance learning courses, curricular strands, certificates and, degree programs.
2. Revise the current distance learning policy to support planned growth.
3. Facilitate the development and monitoring of distance learning programs and the alignment/provisioning of the resources they entail.
4. Educate the campus community about the potential of distance learning delivery. Action Items
5. Require all faculty who teach distance learning courses to complete an approved distance learning training program by fall of 2017. Action Items
6. Provide the necessary training programs, services, and additional support staff needed to assist faculty in the development, design, delivery, evaluation and on-going maintenance of new and existing quality distance learning courses. Action Items
7. Develop a university policy on copyright and intellectual property rights as related to the development of online instructional materials. Action Items
8. Broaden access to distance learning courses and programs in response to student and community needs and in alignment with the larger institutional mission and state workforce development goals. Action Items
9. Develop and implement a review process for courses, certificates, and degree programs to be transitioned to or developed for delivery via distance learning. Action Items
10. Implement course development and review procedures to ensure the quality of distance learning course and program offerings. Action Items
11. Maintain institutional norms for academic quality and integrity. Action Items
12. Offer a full range of student support services for distance learning students. Action Items
13. Provide a full range of technical support services for distance learning students. Action Items
Copyright © 2017 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
RegulationsConsumer Information | Disability Accommodations