Become a QM Certified Peer Reviewer
There are two ways you can participate as a QM Certified Peer Reviewer.
- You can choose to be an internal peer reviewer, participating on course peer review teams only at UNF.
- You can aim to become a national peer reviewer, eligible to participate not only on internal teams, but external course review teams at other institutions across the country.
All QM Peer Reviewers
To become a QM certified peer reviewer you must:
National QM Peer Reviewers
If you want to get involved with conducting external (national) QM reviews with teams at other institutions you must also:
- Have taught online within the last 18 months. If not, you must complete the Exemption section of the application documenting your qualifications for being a Peer Reviewer.
- Submit the Memorandum of Understanding, and resubmit annually (by updating information in MyQM.)
- Allow your name and institution affiliation to be listed on the national Quality Matters website and documents as a selected and/or trained Peer Course Reviewer.
Benefits of participating as a QM peer reviewer
- Gain experience in an external quality assurance process.
- Expand professional community.
- Review other courses (internally and externally) and gain new ideas to improve own courses.
- Enhance professional development plan and portfolio.
- Receive a $500 stipend for every three internal QM reviews completed at UNF.
UNF peer reviewers
As a certified UNF peer reviewer, you must:
- Review online courses using Quality Matters instruments and rubrics. The estimated time for this review is 7-10 hours.
- Maintain strict confidentiality about any courses you access during the training or review process, including any student information contained in these courses.
- Not change, copy, or modify any internal documents within a course.
- Observe copyright laws and respect intellectual property rights of faculty creator of materials.
If you have additional questions about becoming a QM Certified Peer Reviewer or about Quality Matters at UNF, contact Kevin Hulen at firstname.lastname@example.org