The 2017 Digital Project Showcase was held on Wednesday, November 8, 10:00 AM-Noon, in the ballrooms on the third floor of the UNF Student Union.
1. Voces y caras: Present and Future Constanza Lopez and Nicole Mills
These interviews focus on the rapidly growing Hispanic community of North Florida, which - as this project makes evident - is very diverse.
2. Embroidering for Peace and Memory Digital Archive Constanza Lopez and Rebecca Weiner
UNF students, faculty and staff from across campus gather to embroider messages of peace.
3. UNF Pilgrimage Project David Sheffler
Combines interdisciplinary approaches with digital and STEM technologies and applies them to the study of pilgrimage.
4. The Lower St. Johns River Digital Archive Stuart Chalk
The Lower St. Johns River Digital Archive is a site that hosts articles, reports and research papers about the St. Johns River that are used in the Lower St. Johns River Report.
5. Preliminary Data of the SmartSignPlay Prototype: A Sign Language App for Families with Children who are d/Deaf or Hard of Hearing Caroline Guardino
SmartSignP/ay is an app aimed to assist children who are d/DHH and their families learn functional signs to support early communication development.
6. St. Augustine Historical Society Research Library Digital Projects Bob Nawrocki and Chad Germany
The digital projects of the Research Library involving the use of a database to provide access to various collections in the library and reducing information silos.
7. Nuclear Bomb Testing in the Western US: a Legacy of Environmental and Social Effects in Southern Nevada Chris Baynard
This work provides an introduction into the environmental and social effects of the nuclear testing legacy in the western US.
8. Sawmill Slough Preserve Digital Archive James Taylor
The Preserve Digital Archive is an online database that serves as a scientific, cultural and historical archive of the UNF Sawmill Slough Preserve.
9. The East Florida Papers: Assessor’s Inventory Cameron Adelsperger
The East Florida Papers contain the complete local government archive of Spanish East Florida from 1784 to 1821.
10. coloniaLab: 2016-2017 Update on Collaborators and Recent Work Ali Alsalman, Kathlina Brady, Clayton McCarl, and Nicole Rolland
coloniaLab is an experimental workshop for the collaborative electronic edition of manuscript and rare print texts related to colonial Latin America.
11. Editing the Eartha MM White Collection: Project Update Susan Williams
Instructing students in the theory and practice of electronic textual editing using TEI-XML and engaging them in the transcription and encoding of materials.
12. Electronic Dance Music Culture’s Gradual Shift from Tangibility to Intangibility in the Digital Era Eden Shurman
This project will derive an ethnomusicological inquiry as to what extent EDMC has shifted from more of a tangible one to an intangible one.
13. Stereotypes: What We Perceive Vs Actuality Ricder Ricardo
Creating work that exposes what we stand for as young artists without the modesty or fear of being direct, aggressive, or explicit.
14. See What I See: Perspectives of Students with ASD at UNF Tara Rowe, Tyler Charles, Jess Harden and Alexandra Torres-Perez
This project assembles a diverse team of students, faculty and staff who will use video storytelling, as well as other digital methods and tools, to build a multi-media, interactive online experience that explores the lives of students with ASD at UNF.
15. Exploring the Role of Emerging Communication Technology and Social Media in 21st Century Veteran Education Margaret Stewart
This project presents the findings of critical literature assessment across the areas of military culture of learning, social media, and collaborative pedagogy studies.
16. The Innocence Project: Promoting Social Justice by Coding Mistaken Lineup Identification Cases Michael Toglia, Alexis Lovaas
The Innocence Project has been exonerating the wrongfully convicted through DNA testing since 1992.
17. Automating CIRI Ratings of Human Rights Reports Using GATE: Evaluation Results Joshua Joiner
This research project involves parsing human rights reports produced by the United States Government and rating the human practices for various countries based on the GIRi (Cingranelli-Richards) Human Rights Data Project dataset.
18. Augmented Reality as Spectral Change James Beasley
This project presents the results of using Augmented Reality software to create an augmented critical experience at the Players Tournament, altering the cycle of spectacle and consumption inherent in the TPC site.
19. Applied Deep Learning: Automated Segmentation of White Matter Hyperintensities (WMH) on Brain MR Images Matt Berseth
This project outlines the training procedure for a system that will automatically identify and segment white matter hyperintensities in T1 and FLAIR MRI sequences.
20. Rapid Processes for Educational Resource Creation Nicholas Eastham
Creating rapid processes for educational material creation that could ultimately be used for all students.
21. Visualizing Refugee Jacksonville Natalie Holland, Sarah Lynch and Chris Wilson
Using methods and tools for oral history, visual storytelling, and digital mapping, this project seeks to make visible the lives of a population largely unseen by the larger Jacksonville community.
22. Mapping International Metal Sarah Redhammer
Link to Digital Commons
Call For Proposals
Link to CFP
Link to Facebook Album