Dean of Students
Dr. Andrea Adams-Manning (aka Dr. Dre) serves as the Dean of Students for the University of North Florida. Dr. Dre is a Doctor of Education with a concentration in Educational Leadership, has a Master of Education with a concentration in College Student Affairs Leadership, and a Bachelor of Science, concentration in Secondary Education degree. Dr. Dre has 14 years of post-graduate higher education experience and her background includes working as the Assistant Dean of Students and Ombuds at UNF, the Conduct Officer at UNF, the Assistant Director of Student Conduct at Ohio University, and as a Residential Coordinator at Ohio University. She did her graduate assistantship in Housing & Residence Life at Grand Valley State University, MI and was a very active student leader at her undergraduate institution.
Beyond serving in these positions, Dr. Dre actively engages in Student Affairs by serving on various committees to ensure an overall positive experience for students on campus that fosters student success. In addition to this, you may find her teaching in the Masters of Higher Education Administration program and Taylor Leadership program here at UNF as an adjunct instructor. Overall, know that Dr. Dre is a diehard Academic & Student Affairs professional who is passionate about working with students and intentional in her methods. Please feel free to reach out to her if you need any assistance here at the University and she'll do what she can to assist you.
The Dean of Students provides the following services:
- Guidance on potential Student Conduct Matters (disruptive behavior, hazing, sexual misconduct, stalking, etc.)
- Issuing interim measures (no contact orders, class and housing moves, no trespass orders)
- Consultations/addressing concerns
- Notifications for a death or serious illness of a student
- Oversight of the Medical withdrawal process
- Oversight of the Judicial Hold / Clearance process
The following departments report to the Dean of Students:
- Disability Resource Center (DRC)
- University Conduct
- THRIVE (Program for Students with Autism)
- Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life (OFSL)