Outreach Mission, Philosophy and Goals
The Counseling Center Outreach Program is dedicated to creating a campus community where all students feel cared for and supported. We believe that psychological issues are influenced by the interplay of biological, psychological, and sociocultural factors. Psychological issues can also result, in part, from social inequity and injustice. Thus, we strive to offer programming aimed at promoting personal growth, safety, and academic success, while encouraging an environment of equality and respect for diversity and multiculturalism.
Consistent with our outreach mission and philosophy, our goals are to:
- Create a community that is psychologically safe for all students
- Raise awareness and knowledge about psychological issues in order to reduce stigma
- Take an active role in the primary prevention of mental issues
- Empower students to find and use their voices in a healthy and productive way
- Change sociocultural factors that interfere with students' psychological functioning
- Challenge ideas that contribute to social inequity, disempowerment, and discrimination, as well as the underlying structures reinforcing them
How Do I Request Outreach Services?
Please complete the Online Outreach Request Form if you are interested in requesting outreach services.
In order for our center to best meet your needs, when requesting outreach services, we ask that you please provide us with three (3) weeks of advanced notice.
For questions about your request, please contact the UNF Counseling Center by emailing us or calling (904) 620-2602 to leave a message asking to speak with our Outreach Coordinator or Associate Director.