The Counseling Center provides crisis intervention services during our normal business hours. To be seen for an emergency appointment, call our office (904)-620-2602 or simply walk into the center. Be sure to inform the receptionist that you are experiencing a crisis and we will make every effort to respond to your situation as quickly as possible. In an Immediate Emergency, dial 911 on your phone.
During Evenings, Weekends, University Closures, and Holidays
- In an Immediate Emergency: Dial 911 on your phone
- UNF Counseling Center After-Hours Support Line: Call (904) 620-2602, wait for the voice prompt, and select option 2
- Crisis Text Line: Text CONNECT to 741741 in the United States to receive free crisis support
- United Way of Northeast Florida: Dial 211
- People living in a nine-county region of Northeast Florida can dial 2-1-1, to be connected to free information and referrals to health, social and human services
- UNF Victim Assistance: Call (904) 620-1010
- A 24-hour resource and support service for anyone in the University community who has been a victim of actual or threatened violence
- University Police Department (Non-Emergency): Call (904) 620-2800
- Florida Poison Information Center: Call 1-800-222-1222
Supporting Our Students (SOS)
Supporting Our Students (SOS), a program offered by the Office of the Dean of Students since 2007, enables members of the UNF community to express their concerns about students exhibiting disturbing or alarming behavior. SOS provides a safety net when a student’s behavior becomes problematic or when a student simply is not functioning well at the University. The purpose of the SOS program is to identify, intervene and mediate students experiencing distress. The SOS Team responds to issues such as: physical, psychological, academic and substance abuse. You may submit an SOS referral by clicking the button below.
Emergency Medical Care
Please visit the Emergency and After Hours Care services website provided by Student Health Services: Emergency Medical Care