Skip to Main Content
distance learners on orange

Distance Learners

Current students who are distance learners, and reside in the State of Florida, are eligible to receive counseling support by phone or video call using Zoom. If you are interested in making an appointment, please follow these steps:


NEW CLIENTSIf are interested in receiving individual/group counseling, psychiatric care, nutritional counseling, or consultations by phone or video call and have never been seen by anyone at our center, please submit a new appointment request here.


CURRENT & RETURNING CLIENTSIf you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please complete this form to request an appointment.


If you have any questions about making an appointment, you are welcome to email our office. If you are unable to email us, you may also contact 904.620.2602 and leave a message.

Statement regarding Counseling Center resources for distance learners located outside of the State of Florida. 

How do I know if I'm a distance learner?

At UNF, a distance learning course is defined as one in which at least 80 percent of the direct instruction of the course is delivered utilizing some form of technology when the student and faculty member are separated by time, space or both. For more information, visit the Distance Learning website at

Additional Resources:

If you are interested in obtaining counseling services in your area, we recommend exploring the following options:

  • Insurance: Most insurance carriers have referrals for mental health and substance abuse counseling centers. Information on how to navigate health insurance for mental healthcare services.


  • Local College or University Services: Some four-year colleges and universities staff a community clinic. These clinics may offer a sliding scale for payment.


  • Physicians: Your primary care physician may be able to provide you with a referral.


  • Personal Referral: You may be able to receive a recommendation from family or friends.


  • Employee Assistance Program: Your employer may offer Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits, which may allow you access to cost-free short-term or brief counseling as well as other professional services. Contact your employer's Human Resources department to check on the availability of EAP services.


  • United Way: By calling 211, your local United Way can provide referrals for counseling centers and services in your area. Referrals may be to a non-profit organization which may have a sliding scale for payment.


  • NBCC: The National Board of Certified Counselors will have a list of counselors in your area:


  • Psychology Today: Provides detailed professional listings for Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Therapists, Counselors, Group Therapy and Treatment Centers in the United States and Canada: