What is Concur?
Concur is used to request travel authorization, book travel, process travel reimbursements, and reconcile P-Card transactions. Travelers and approvers use Concur’s mobile app to book a trip, capture receipts, create and submit expense reports and approve travel. Concur assists the University with compliance and provides data on items such as when travel is taking place and what is spent to travel. When our students travel, Concur's “Duty of Care” enables us to know where students are so we can communicate with them and reroute them should a risky situation develop.
UNF uses a travel agency, World Travel, to help with booking flights, hotels, car rentals, assist with any unexpected travel changes, etc. This especially benefits group and athletics travel.
Things to Know:
- Concur is accessed through the myWings portal.
- New Faculty and staff need to review and update their Concur profile if they travel or have a UNF purchasing card.
- Faculty and staff who have a purchasing card and either don’t travel or have a delegate who handles their travel, they can use these brief instructions to update their profile.
- Faculty and staff who travel can use these instructions to update their profile
- In Concur, expenses are not encumbered until they are processed on an Expense Report.
- Concur is a robust and full featured system, so training is highly recommended to ensure successful use of the application. Register for a class using CPDT’s registration link in myWings.
- Policies and Procedures for Travel Training: This course is intended as the foundation needed to ensure that policies set forth by State of Florida Statue 112.061 are observed by faculty and staff.
This course is designed to provide the information and skills necessary to follow established processes and to make appropriate decisions and arrangements for all manner of travel. It will cover the most frequently experienced domestic and international travel situations and prepare the learner to accurately document, purchase and submit Travel Expenditures. This course should be taken prior to Concur Made Easy: Travel Request, Booking, and Expense course.
- Concur Made Easy: Travel Requests, Booking, and Expenses: Participants in this class will learn how to use Concur, the University of North Florida’s travel, expense, booking and purchasing card application. This class covers the importance of editing the user’s profile, creating Requests, booking airfare or other travel segments, and then creating various Expense reports (for travel) to complete the activity. Prerequisite:
Policies & Procedures for Travel
- P-Card Concur Training: This course is required for individuals who wish to participate in the Visa
Procurement Card (P-Card) process as a Delegate.
This is a three hour class on the monthly reconciliation process (Concur and
Sun Trust) and the coding of P-Card transactions in Concur.
The Delegate ensures appropriate use of the card for each purchase, responsible to complete an Expenses Reports on a monthly bases for each cardholder, attaches receipts and any back up documentation to charges showing in Concur, inputs information and approves transactions, and will be held accountable for auditing purposes.
Cardholders are welcome but not required to attend this training session.
Instead, cardholders must complete the Online P-Card Training Course prior to the issuing of a P-Card.
Links and Instructions
(Login may be required)
User Guide for Concur, UNF's new Travel, Expense, and P-Card Application
Quick View: Approving a Travel Request in Concur
Quick View: Updating Your Concur Profile So Your Delegate Can Code Your P-Card (for those who do not travel or have a delegate handle their travel but have p-cards)
Quick View: Updating Your Profile for Travelers and Those Who Have P-Cards
Concur Travel Bypass Procedures for Students and Non-Employees