The Sustainability Committee advises the University President on issues pertaining to environmental responsibility and sustainability.
The objectives of the Sustainability Committee are to:
- Guide the development and implementation of UNF’s Climate Action Plan;
- Oversee the maintenance and restoration of Sawmill Slough Preserve;
- Increase communication and relationships between internal UNF entities and with our external community pertaining to green practices;
- Develop a public commitment to sustainable practices;
- Obtain funding for sustainability programs through the Environmental Center and/or the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs;
- Recommend sustainability factors be included in planning and decision-making processes through our responsible leadership; and
- Promote UNF’s sustainability practices and programs on a local, regional and national level.
The Sustainability Committee holds meetings on the second Thursday of every month from 10-11 a.m. in the President's Conference room located in Building 1, J.J. Daniel Hall, Room 2800. The meetings are open to the public.
Sustainability Committee Bylaws
Meeting Agendas and Minutes