Distance Learning Committee
The primary aim of the Distance Learning Committee (DLC) of the University of North Florida is to support the development of distance learning that meets the needs of our students in a manner that is consistent with the University’s mission. In so doing, distance learning at UNF will employ the best pedagogical practices based on the existing research literature.
To accomplish its primary aim, the DLC performs the following functions:
- Develop policies, procedures, staffing, and infrastructure recommendations that are consistent with, and that will advance the purpose stated above.
- Facilitate, promote, and advocate for high quality distance learning (DL) at the University.
- Identify and recommend best pedagogical distance learning practices.
- Review and coordinate all information technology requirements and related services in support of distance learning at the University.
- Assess all current and proposed course management systems employed to support and enhance instructional efforts.
- Provide advisory support to all University DL initiatives.
- Exercise liaison with the University Technology Committee (UTC) through membership of DLC chair on the UTC.
- Provide oral and written assessments and recommendations to the Office of Academic Affairs via the Senior Director of CIRT.
Meeting dates, agendas and minutes are available by clicking on the academic year in the right side menu. For questions about the committee meetings, please contact Tina Stanton, (904) 620-5174.