Welcome to Coggin Advising. Please see the below information regarding advising options and operations.
Please continue to monitor your email as well as the coronavirus website for continued updates and answers to frequently asked questions. We look forward to working with you. Stay safe, Ospreys!
- Campus Drop-In Advising: drop-in at a time convenient for you during the below advising hours. If you would like to speak with your assigned academic advisor during drop-in hours, please see your advisor's schedule in your myWings account.
Coggin Drop-in Advising Hours
Monday-Wednesday: 8:30am-12:00pm & 2:00-5:30pm
Friday: 8:30am-12:00pm & 2:00pm-4:30pm
Location: Main Campus - Building 10 Honors Hall, Suite 1351
- Scheduled Advising Appointments: scheduled appointments will be available face-to-face or virtual via Zoom. Please see your advisor's schedule in your myWings account.
Virtual Appointments - Zoom
- If you schedule a virtual appointment, join the Zoom link that will be included in your appointment reminder email.
Need to connect with One-Stop or schedule a Zoom appointment? Please view One-Stop's contact page for ways to connect.
We strive to guide you towards your academic goals by providing information, references, and advice. Advising is an engaging process between the advisor and the advisee where ultimately you are in full control of your educational experience. We are a resource to help you succeed.
- Assist students in understanding the purposes and goals of higher education and its effects on their lives and personal goals.
- Demonstrate professionalism and empathy towards their advisees.
- Provide students with the information and resources needed to assist with your academic planning.
- Link students with resources on campus to help them succeed academically.
- Be knowledgeable of policies, procedures, student services and reference information.
- Listen to student questions and concerns and provide accurate answers.
- Maintain confidentiality and uphold FERPA Regulations.
- Recommend social and academic extra-curricular organizations in addition to applicable campus resources.