For your convenience, Coggin Advising will continue drop-in advising via Zoom until further notice. Stay safe, Ospreys!
Drop-in Advising Hours
Monday-Wednesday: 8:30am-12:00pm & 2:00-5:30pm
Friday: 8:30am-12:00pm & 2:00pm-4:30pm
Drop In Advising via Zoom
We strive to guide you towards your academic goals by providing information, references, and advice. Advising is an engaging process between the advisor and the advisee where ultimately you are in full control of your educational experience. We are a resource to help you succeed.
- Assist students in understanding the purposes and goals of higher education and its effects on their lives and personal goals.
- Demonstrate professionalism and empathy towards their advisees.
- Provide students with the information and resources needed to assist with your academic planning.
- Link students with resources on campus to help them succeed academically.
- Be knowledgeable of policies, procedures, student services and reference information.
- Listen to student questions and concerns and provide accurate answers.
- Maintain confidentiality and uphold FERPA Regulations.
- Recommend social and academic extra-curricular organizations in addition to applicable campus resources.