An appointment is required if you need an
in-person advising sessions on campus during the fall 2020 semester.
Coggin Advising will continue to operate virtually and offer limited face-to-face student appointments on campus while meeting the University's standards for on-campus health and safety.
Advising Options - Fall 2020
- Drop-In advising via Zoom: drop-in at a time convenient for you during the below Zoom Drop-In hours. If you would like to speak with your assigned academic advisor during drop-in hours, please see your advisor's schedule in your myWings account.
Coggin Drop-in Advising Hours
Monday-Wednesday: 8:30am-12:00pm & 2:00-5:30pm
Thursday: 11:00am-12:00pm & 2:00-5:30pm
Friday: 8:30am-12:00pm & 2:00pm-4:30pm
Drop In Advising via Zoom
2. Scheduled Advising Appointments: scheduled appointments will be available on Zoom or face-to-face on campus. Your assigned advisor will be on campus one day a week to meet with you in person. Otherwise, you can schedule an appointment to be held on Zoom. Please see your advisor’s schedule in your myWings account.
In Person Appointments
If your advising appointment will take place face-to-face on campus, you must adhere to university health and safety practices:
- A mask is required.
- Do not bring friends/family to your appointment.
- Arrive on time because lobby space will be limited to two (2) visitors
- Keep 6-ft distance from the Advising staff when you come to the office for your appointment.
- Sanitize your hands before and after touching any surfaces to help us keep our office clean.
Please continue to monitor your email as well as the coronavirus website for continued updates and answers to frequently asked questions.
to connect with One-Stop or schedule a Zoom appointment? Please view One-Stop's contact page for ways to
We strive to guide you towards your academic goals by providing information, references, and advice. Advising is an engaging process between the advisor and the advisee where ultimately you are in full control of your educational experience. We are a resource to help you succeed.
- Assist students in understanding the purposes and goals of higher education and its effects on their lives and personal goals.
- Demonstrate professionalism and empathy towards their advisees.
- Provide students with the information and resources needed to assist with your academic planning.
- Link students with resources on campus to help them succeed academically.
- Be knowledgeable of policies, procedures, student services and reference information.
- Listen to student questions and concerns and provide accurate answers.
- Maintain confidentiality and uphold FERPA Regulations.
- Recommend social and academic extra-curricular organizations in addition to applicable campus resources.