Master of Accountancy Curriculum
The MAcc program consists of 33 semester hours of graduate study in accounting, tax, and related business topics (11 three-hour courses). A thesis is not required. The accounting track curriculum is divided into:
- A core of 21 semester hours of accounting and tax courses and nine semester hours of related business courses
- Nine semester hours of accounting, tax, or finance electives
- A three semester hour non-accounting graduate business elective
A graduate course offered in another UNF college that coincides with a student's objectives may be taken in lieu of the three-semester hour non-accounting elective, given the approval of both the MAcc advisor and course instructor. Only 6000-level courses may be used to satisfy the 33 semester hour requirement.
Recognizing the importance of taxation, a MAcc student may elect to concentrate in the area of taxation. If this option is followed, the same core is required as for the accounting track MAcc, with the addition of TAX 6045-Tax Research and Writing. A taxation concentration student is required to take three of the additional taxation courses as major electives.
Please view the UNF course catalog for the most up-to-date program of study
Major Requirements (33 credits)
This program requires 33 hours of 6000-level courses. A minimum of 24 hours must be earned at UNF. Students seeking a second masters degree must complete at least 24 semester hours of new coursework at UNF. A 3.00 GPA is required. A MAcc student may not make less than a "C" in any course.
Core Requirement - MAcc
21 semester hours are required. Most ACG and TAX courses are only offered once a year.
- ACG6309 Advanced Man Accounting Theory (3 Credits)
- ACG6405 Advanced Account Info Systems (3 Credits)
- ACG6645 Auditing Theory (3 Credits)
- ACG6805 Advanced Accounting Theory (3 Credits)
- ECO6415 Making Decisions with Data (3 Credits)
- FIN6406 Advanced Financial Management (3 Credits)
- TAX6105 Taxation in Business Corp (3 Credits)
- Major electives-MACC
- At least six hours must be in ACG or TAX courses.
- CHOOSE Three courses
- (9 credit hours) at the 6000 level - ACG/FIN/REE/TAX
- Business elective-MACC
- SELECT One course
- (3 credit hours) 6000 LEVEL non-Accounting BUL/ECO/ECP/FIN/GEB/ISM/MAN/MAR/QMB/REE/TRA
- Most ACG and TAX courses are offered only one semester a year.
- Successful completion of a business policy course is required.
- The non-accounting / tax courses that are required (ECO 6415 and FIN 6406) are offered every semester. In planning your schedule, take the accounting/tax courses when they are offered and fill in with the others. Please keep in mind that ECO 6415 is a prerequisite for FIN 6406, so plan accordingly.
- An approved dual/concurrent enrollment form is required prior to registering for courses at another institution.
- Students are strongly advised not to enroll in courses at another institution during their last semester at UNF. Graduation will most likely be delayed for students who attempt dual enrollment in their last semester.
- Electives— 6000-level business or approved non-business courses (most may be offered only once annually)
- Complete course prerequisites before registering for any graduate course.
- Your GPA will reflect all repeated courses even though credit for a course may be received only once.
- Prerequisites must be completed before registering for FIN 6406 (ECO 6415 must be taken prior to or with FIN 6406)