Graduate Business Programs • Financial Aid
Contact the UNF Financial Aid Office for student loans.
The Coggin College of Business offers many scholarships specifically for business students. View available scholarships through Coggin College. National websites such as www.gradschools.com have links to many organizations that offer private scholarships and grant opportunities.
A limited number of Graduate Assistantships (GA) are offered to support full-time students enrolled in either the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Accountancy (MAcc) programs.
Types of Graduate Assistantships
For the Fall and Spring semesters, Coggin Graduate Assistantships fall into one of two tiers. Tier 1 assistantships come with a work stipend, between $2,500-$5,000, that requires between 10 to 20 hours per week of work. In addition to the work stipend, students receiving Tier I assistantships will receive a waiver of some portion of their in-state tuition and fees between 37-75%. Tier II assistantships also come with a work stipend, between $1,500-$3,000, based on 10 to 20 hours per week of work, but there is no in-state tuition waiver for this level.
Depending on the funding, a limited number of assistantships may be available for Summer term. Summer assistantships will generally not include waiver for in-state tuition.
Graduate Assistant (Teaching Support) Duties/Responsibilities
- This category includes GAs who provide support to a qualified course instructor of Record -- such as grading tests, assisting in discussion or lab sub-sections led by faculty, and/or coordinating field logistics-- but who are not responsible for teaching or evaluating students.
Graduate Assistant Duties/Responsibilities
- The category includes GAs who provide general educational administration duties, but who otherwise have no research and teaching responsibilities. The duties performed must directly contribute to the graduate student's program of study.
Graduate Research Assistant Duties/Responsibilities
- The category includes GAs who are involved in faculty-supervised research, but who otherwise have no teaching responsibilities.
- Full-time graduate student with no more than 4 classes each term
- Have a minimum GMAT or GRE score that is in line with application requirements
- Student must complete a FERPA agreement in your MyWings account
- Maintain a graduate UNF GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must provide a current resume
- Must not also work a full-time job
Application Process and Timeline for Awards
All students who have been admitted to MBA or MAcc program and are interested in a graduate assistantship should submit the GA application by the following deadlines:
|Students Beginning Semester
||Application Submission Deadline
||Award Notification Date
Once assistantships are awarded, students may continue on their assistantships in future semesters provided they maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0, enroll as a full-time student, receive a favorable review of their work performance, and are not employed in a full time job.
(Positions are not guaranteed and are very competitive. Each department makes the hiring decision. These positions are intended for non-working students that need financial support. If hired, the position is for one semester only and future semesters are pending departmental approval).
Graduate Assistantship Application