The content and quality of the UNF
Transportation and Logistics Program curriculum qualifies graduates for the
APICS certification (CTL) blanket waiver, a designation given to only 30
academic affiliates nationwide. The UNF curriculum emphasizes the perspective
of logistics as an integrated part of Supply Chain Management. Students are
exposed to courses in information systems, quantitative methods,
transportation, warehouse management, distribution, international logistics,
logistics management, subsystems, and a Capstone in Supply Chain Management.
Students are encouraged to complete a semester long internship opportunity or
work part-time with a company engaged in logistics and/or supply chain
management to provide practical experience and opportunities for applying their
education to problems and issues in business.
- Curriculum listed below is for the current academic year. Please see an advisor for an OFFICIAL program of study.
- You must complete prerequisites before registering for any course. Refer to the Course Catalog for details.
- View the My Osprey Map [Course Sequence Guide] to keep on track for graduation – should be used in consultation with an academic advisor after admission to UNF.
- A student may receive credit for a course only once. However, the GPA will reflect all repeated courses.
- This program is subject to a student fully admitted into the Coggin College of Business.
- An approved transient application is required prior to registering for courses at another institution. Students are not allowed to enroll in courses at another institution during their last semester at UNF.
Please view the UNF course catalog for the most up-to-date program of study
Prerequisites (21 credits)
21 semester hours are required. Grade of "C" or better is required in all prerequisites
- ACG2021 Prin of Financial Accounting (3 Credits)
- Acceptable Substitute: ACGX021, ACGX022 or (ACGX001 & ACGX011)
- ACG2071 Prin Managerial Accounting (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: (2-3 credit hours) ACGX071, ACGX072 or ACGX301
- CGS1100 Computer Applications for Busi (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: (3-4 hours) BULX241, BULX131, CGSX100, CGSX530, CGSX570, CGSX060, CGSX092, CGSX531, CGSX000, CGSX100C, GEBX350, ISMX000 MANX440 or PHIX600 (or demonstrated competency)
- ECO2013 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: ECOX013
- ECO2023 Principles of Microeconomics (3 Credits)
- Aceptable substitute: ECOX023
- MAC2233 (GM)Calculus for Business (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: (3-4 credit hours) MACX233 or MACX231
- STA2023 (GM) Elem Statistics-Business (3 Credits)
- Acceptable substitute: (3-4 credit hours) STAX023, STA122, STAX024, STA032, STAX037, QMBX100, EGSX025 or ESIX213
Core Requirements (18 credits)
18 semester hours are required. A grade of "C" or better is required in all core courses. MAN4720 is taken in a student's last semester. FIN3403, MAN3025, & MAR3023 must be completed prior to taking MAN4720.
- BUL3130 Legal Environment of Business (3 Credits)
- FIN3403 Financial Management (3 Credits)
- MAN3025 Administrative Management (3 Credits)
- MAR3023 Principles of Marketing (3 Credits)
- MAN3504 Operations Management (3 Credits)
- MAN4720 Strategic Mgmt Business Policy (3 Credits)
- You must pre-apply at www.unf.edu/coggin for MAN4720.
Major Requirements (18 credits)
18 semester hours are required. Grade of C or better is required in all major coursework. *TRA courses are generally not offered in the summer.*
- MAN4550 Introduction to Mngmt Science (3 Credits)
- TRA3035 Foundations of Transportation (3 Credits)
- TRA4155 Supply Chain Management (3 Credits)
- TRA4202 Logistics Systems Management (3 Credits)
- TRA4210 Logistics Subsystems Analysis (3 Credits)
- TRA4721 International Logistics (3 Credits)
Major Electives (9 credits)
Grade of "C" or better required in major electives.
- SELECT Two Courses: TRA Electives
- TRA 4132 Purchasing Management, TRA4139 Sem:Puchasing Materials Mgmt, TRA4945 Logistics Internship, TRA4234 Warehouse Management, or SCM4170 Supply Chain Management Strategy, Leadership & Business Applications
- SELECT One Course: Non-TRA Electives
- ACG4361 Cost Accounting, GIS3043 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems, MAR4721 Electronic Marketing, MAR 4615 Introduction to Marketing Analytics, or ISM 4011 Introduction to Information Systems
Required Business (9 credits)
9 semester hours are required. (ECO3703/3704 can only be counted once)
- ECO3411 Business/Economic Statistics (3 Credits)
- CHOOSE Choose one course
- MAN4600, MAR4156, FIN4604, or ECO3704 (formerly ECO3703)
- SELECT select one
- business course 3000 - 4000 level with the prefix of: ACG/BUL/ECO/ECP/ECS/FIN/GEB/GEO/ ISM/MAN/MAR/QMB/REE/RMI/TAX (except ECO3411)
Non-Business Requirements (6 credits)
6 Semester hours are required. A grade of "C" or better is required for all courses in this area. The Cultural Diversity course should be chosen from the cultural diversity course list.
- ENC3202 Professional Comm for Business
- ENC3250 Business Communication taken Spring or Summer 2019 will fulfill this course requirement.
- AND one cultural diversity course