Bachelor of Business Administration - Economics
Students receiving a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a major in economics must meet all requirements for that degree, including the pre-requisites and the 18 hours common to all majors in the college.
- Curriculum listed below is for the current academic year. Please see an advisor for an OFFICIAL program of study.
- You must complete prerequisites before registering for any course. Refer to the Course Catalog for details.
- View the My Osprey Map [Course Sequence Guide] to keep on track for graduation – should be used in consultation with an academic advisor after admission to UNF.
- A student may receive credit for a course only once. However, the GPA will reflect all repeated courses.
- This program is subject to a student fully admitted into the Coggin College of Business.
- An approved transient application is required prior to registering for courses at another institution. Students are not allowed to enroll in courses at another institution during their last semester at UNF.
Please view the UNF course catalog for the most up-to-date program of study
Prerequisites (21 credits)
21 semester hours are required. A grade "C" or better is required in all prerequisites.
- ACG2021 Prin of Financial Accounting (3 Credits)
- acceptable substitute: ACGX021
- ACG2071 Prin Managerial Accounting (3 Credits)
- acceptable substitute: ACGX071
- CGS1100 Computer Applications for Busi (3 Credits)
- acceptable substitute: CGSXXXX
- ECO2013 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 Credits)
- acceptable substitute: ECOX013
- ECO2023 Principles of Microeconomics (3 Credits)
- acceptable substitute: ECOX023
- MAC2233 (GM)Calculus for Business (3 Credits)
- acceptable substitute: MACX233
- STA2023 (GM) Elem Statistics-Business (3 Credits)
- acceptable substitute: STAX023
Core Requirements (18 credits)
18 semester hours are required. A grade of "C" or better is required in all core courses. MAN4720 is taken in a student's last semester. FIN3403, MAN3025, & MAR3023 must be completed prior to taking MAN4720.
- BUL3130 Legal Environment of Business (3 Credits)
- FIN3403 Financial Management (3 Credits)
- MAN3025 Administrative Management (3 Credits)
- MAR3023 Principles of Marketing (3 Credits)
- MAN3504 Operations Management (3 Credits)
- MAN4720 Strategic Mgmt Business Policy (3 Credits)
- You must pre-apply at www.unf.edu/coggin for MAN4720
Major Requirements (24 credits)
24 semester hours are required. A grade of "C" or better is required in all major courses. All economics majors are required to have an approved international educational experience. Examples of approved experiences include the following * Successful completion of an internship abroad * Successful participation in a Coggin-sponsored study abroad program * Successful participation in a student exchange program abroad * Studying another language abroad (must apply for passport in 1st semester of program)
- ECO3203 Intermediate Macroeconomics (3 Credits)
- ECO3101 Intermediate Microeconomics (3 Credits)
- ECO3421 Econometrics (3 Credits)
- ECO3411 Business/Economic Statistics (3 Credits)
- SELECT One Course
- ECO 3704 International Trade or ECO 4713 International Monetary Systems
- SELECT 3 Courses
- (3000-4000) LEVEL ECO/ECP/ECS or GEO 3502 (Excluding ECO3701, ECP3703)
Required Business (3 credits)
3 semester hours are required. A grade of "C" or better is required.
- ISM4011 Intro Management Info Systems (3 Credits)
Business Electives (3 credits)
A grade of "C" or better is required in all courses in this area.
- SELECT One course
- 3000 - 4000 level with prefix: ACG/BUL/FIN/GEB/ISM/MAN/MAR/QMB/REE/RMI/TAX/TRA
Non-Business Requirements (6 credits)
6 Semester hours are required. A grade of "C" or better is required for all courses in this area. The Cultural Diversity course should be chosen from the cultural diversity course list.
- ENC3202 Professional Comm for Business
- ENC3250 Business Communication taken Spring or Summer 2019 will fulfill this course requirement.
- AND one cultural diversity course
An international experience is required for all economics majors beginning Fall 2007 catalog year.
Free Electives (6 credits)
Select 6 hours from any 3000-4000 level courses