Bachelor of Arts - Economics
The program of the Department of Economics and Geography is designed to provide students with the tools and concepts necessary to understand our modern economy, to function more effectively as citizens, and to make sound decisions. A major in economics opens the door to a wide variety of jobs in business, government, finance, and the professions. Economics is particularly useful for those students who plan to enter public service or law, or who plan to go on to graduate study.
- Curriculum listed below is for the current academic year. Please see an advisor for an OFFICIAL program of study.
- You must complete prerequisites before registering for any course. Refer to the Course Catalog for details.
- View the My Osprey Map [Course Sequence Guide] to keep on track for graduation – should be used in consultation with an academic advisor after admission to UNF.
- A student may receive credit for a course only once. However, the GPA will reflect all repeated courses.
- This program is subject to a student fully admitted into the Coggin College of Business.
- An approved transient application is required prior to registering for courses at another institution. Students are not allowed to enroll in courses at another institution during their last semester at UNF.
Minor: Business Administration (30 credits)
This minor is available for all majors where allowed, except business majors. A grade of "C" or better is required for all minor courses. A minimum of 12 credits of upper-level course work must be taken at UNF as part of the minor. Transient/concurrent enrollment at other institutions is not permitted.
- MAC1105 College Algebra is a prereq to ACG2021
- Prerequisites are strictly enforced.
- PREREQS Business Administration
- ACG 2021 Prin of Financial Accounting
- ACG 2071 Prin of Managerial Accounting
- CGS 1100 Computer Applications for Bus
- ECO 2013 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 2023 Principles of Microeconomics
- STA 2023 G(M) Elem Statistics-Business
- FIN3403 Financial Management (3 Credits)
- MAN3025 Administrative Management (3 Credits)
- SELECT 2 courses from list:
- BUL 3130 Legal Environment of Business
- MAN 3504 Production/Operations and Logistics
- MAR 3023 Principles of Marketing