Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Mosbach
Bad Mergentheim, Germany
Home to 20,000 inhabitants, Bad Mergentheim is located in the heart of south Germany between Frankfurt and Stuttgart and is one of Germany's most famous spa towns. Many travel along the Romantic Road to Bad Mergentheim to marvel at this city. You can best enjoy the town by wandering its parks and streets while enjoying historical buildings that reflect the past and modern times of Bad Mergentheim. The Renaissance Castle is located in the center of the old town which was once the home base for the Teutonic Knights. Now, the castle houses the Cooperative State University!
About Baden-Wüerttemberg Cooperative State University Mosbach
The Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University (DHBW) Mosbach campus at Bad Mergentheim offers a German language program for UNF students! Language classes take place in an actual German castle, beginning in early January and ending in late March. Upon successful completion of the intensive German language program, students will earn German language credit through the advanced intermediate level. This will complete the foreign language sequence for International Business and International Studies majors.
2 OPPORTUNITIES TO EXTEND THE GERMAN EXPERIENCE:
- Participate in the International Program in Business taught in English after the language program ends in workshop-style 2-week modules from early April to late June
- Intern with a German company through the German-American Exchange, Inc. in Germany from mid-May through mid-August.
Students should contact study abroad advisor, Alyssa Kyff, if they are interested in these opportunities
Baden-Wüerttemberg Cooperative State University Mosbach
Campus Bad Mergentheim
97980 Bad Mergentheim
Tel: 07931 530-600
Deputy Head of International Office
International Student Services
DHBW Application Process
The intensive German language program must have 5 UNF students enrolled in order to run. A maximum of 8 UNF students may participate each spring semester.
- Applicants must have a UNF GPA of 2.5 or above (1st semester transfer students must have a 3.0 transfer GPA or above).
- Applicants must have successfully completed GER1120: Beginning German I with a "C" or higher, or demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
Submit the following items directly to Alyssa Kyff (Building 10, Room 2125) not to the exchange partner or other UNF offices:
DEADLINE: March 15 for fall semester and September 15 for spring semester
German Language Courses
Students participating in this program will take all courses listed below:
- German as a Foreign Language, Beginners Level 2* (January 2019)
- German as a Foreign Language, Intermediate Level 1 (February 2019)
- German as a Foreign Language, Intermediate Level 2 (March 2019)
*Students who have completed Beginning German II are welcome to participate. During the first 4 weeks, these students will complete additional coursework and receive credit for lower-level Aspects of German Language & Culture instead of Beginners Level 2. They will take intermediate courses along with the rest of the cohort.
- Course - Aspects of German Culture: As more advanced German language students, students will have to give a presentation in addition to taking the first exam in the Beginners Level 2. The presentation topic will be decided on mutually between the professor and student. Moreover, depending on the level of proficiency in German, the teacher might assign other tasks to those students.
Credit & Grade Conversions
DHBW Housing & Cost
For the German language program, DHBW will help you find a room in a dormitory or an apartment. Rent ranges from approximately $160-$370 per month, depending on preferences. It is common to pay a deposit of one month's rent and a small contract fee.
UNF students participating in a Coggin semester exchange program will pay UNF tuition. Students will be responsible for all other expenses (i.e. flight, meals, housing, etc.). To see an estimated cost for one semester at DHBW, please see the estimated cost documents below.
Note: We recommend using Oanda as a currency converter when determining your budget.
Please view our Study Abroad Funding page for information about scholarships other funding opportunities.