Coggin Semester Study Abroad Process
*For study abroad opportunities outside of the Coggin College
of Business, visit the UNF InternationalCenter.
**If you are a Coggin student requesting to receive credit for a
non-Coggin study abroad program, meet with a Coggin Academic Advisor ( Bldg. 10 , Rm. 1350) to submit a waiver of college policy.
- Email Semester Study Abroad Advisor, Alyssa Kyff, to schedule an appointment (this should be done at least a full semester before you plan on studying abroad, ideally a full academic year)
- Apply for your semester exchange by April 1 for Fall Semester Exchange and October 1 for Spring Semester Exchange.
- NOTE: Some university's application deadlines are earlier. Refer to
your university's webpage to determine the application deadline.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Attend your MANDATORY Pre-Departure Orientation and
complete the necessary semester exchange paperwork (your study abroad
advisor will send to you in advance).
- Register through myWings
for the XCH4000/6000 placeholder course for your semester abroad. Your
study abroad advisor will send you the CRN number and instructions on
how to register.
- Work with your study abroad advisor, Alyssa,
to determine your course schedule during your semester abroad. She will
help determine how your courses will count towards your degree and she
will go through the course approval process with Coggin Department
Chairs. Complete the first page of your Learning Agreement with Alyssa.
- Meet with a Financial Aid Coordinator to determine how your financial aid will work during your semester abroad.
- Make an appointment with Lauren Hodge, in the International Center, to work on your visa process and international health insurance.
- Apply for/find housing abroad & purchase flight. These are to be done independently.
- Attend your in-country orientation.
- Register for courses at your host university (some universities require you to do this prior to arrival).
- Complete and sign the second page of your Learning Agreement. Alyssa
will send you the learning agreement around the second week of your
classes abroad. Financial aid will be disbursed once the Learning
Agreement has been completed and received by Financial Aid.
- Stay connected with UNF and inspire others to go abroad by posting
pictures to Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook using #CogginAbroad.
- Contact your academic advisor about registering for UNF courses next
semester. Coggin Academic Advising contact information can be found here.
- Register for UNF courses through myWings for your next semester at UNF.
- Fill out the Re-Entry Feedback Form at the end of your semester abroad. Bring the form with you to the Re-Entry Workshop or email it to Alyssa.
- Attend your MANDATORY Re-Entry Workshop. Alyssa will contact you while you are abroad to inform you of the date.
- Once your transcript from abroad has been processed and your degree
evaluation has been updated, make sure that everything is correct. Come
to the International Business Flagship Office (Building 10, Room 2125)
to pick up your official transcript.