- UNF domestic student members of ANY major
- Incoming exchange students from all over the world
- 2 student leaders
- Coggin Delegation Advisors - Stephanie Worley
The purpose of Coggin Delegation is to bring together domestic and international students in order to enhance cultural learning while studying at UNF.
UNF domestic student members are able to:
- welcome the international exchange students to UNF and help them adapt to American culture
- interact with students from the country where they plan on studying abroad so they can get to know the culture before they get there
- gain intercultural competencies that they might not otherwise get if they are not able to study abroad
Participation in Coggin Delegation includes:
- communication with international buddy before the start of the semester to assist with their adaption to American culture.
- interaction with international buddy throughout the semester. Participate in activities together on and off campus in order to get to know one another.
- attendance to Coggin Delegation events together.
To become a Coggin Delegation Member, please fill out the Coggin Delegation Application. The deadline to apply for Spring 2020 is December 30th.
Coggin Delegation Spring 2020 Application
Interested in becoming a Coggin Delegation Leader during the Fall 2019 semester? Check out more details about our leadership positions and how to apply!
Meet our Fall 2019 Coggin Delegation Leaders!
Major: International Business - Transportation and Logistics
From: Maracaibo, Venezuela (North of South America)
Travel: Mexico, Haiti, Puerto Rico, Grand Cayman Islands, Aruba, Saint Maarten, Jamaica, Saint Thomas (US Virgin Islands), Bahamas, Inside the US (Atlanta, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas)
Involvement on Campus: I work as a part time student assistant at the UNF International Center. Here, I mostly help with the recruitment of new international student and with developing new strategies to brand UNF internationally. As an International Student I love to help increasing the international student population on campus. I am part of the Coggin Mentor Program. This is a program offered by Coggin College of Business where students are paired with professionals from the Jacksonville Business Community, they serve as mentors and help the student to achieve their professional goals. Also, I serve as a College Leader for Young Life on campus. On my free time I enjoy going kayaking at Eco-Adventure, and I love to go watch the sunrise in Jax Beach. I am a very outgoing person and I love making new friends from other countries.
My name is Evan Maslin and I'm a first-year student here at UNF. I'm originally from Binghamton, New York and only recently came to Jacksonville. I'm a double major in International Relations & Politics and Economics with a minor in Spanish. Over the years, I've had the opportunity to travel to Canada, every state East of the Appalachian Mountains (as well as a few to the West), and Mexico. While in Mexico I navigated the Yucatán Peninsula visiting major archeological sites like Chichén Itzá. My best-friend is from Poland and I have others from around the world including from countries such as Guatemala and India. In the spring I will be taking a trip to Poland and am currently exploring possibly studying abroad there myself. Some of my favorite things to do are talk politics, go to the beach, play soccer, and learn foreign languages.