The Paper Institute
The Paper and Plastics Education Research (PAPER) Institute's mission is to encourage and support the University of North Florida Coggin College of Business faculty in their research, education, and development endeavors that integrate academic pursuits relevant to the National Paper Trade Alliance (NPTA) and its membership. Research, education, and development topic selections are made in consultation with the leadership of the PAPER Foundation to assure topic relevance to the industry.
- 2008-2009 Walter Moore Graduate Fellow: Holly Black
- 2006-2008 Walter Moore Graduate Fellow: Stephanie Kozlik
The PAPER Institute engages in the following activities:
- Conducts research, education, and development activities based on proposals solicited from the faculty and developed by the Institute's director. Faculty proposals must follow the guidelines established by the PAPER Institute. Research is sought from faculty with diverse backgrounds and interests that lead to diverse outcomes. It is expected that the PAPER Institute endeavors will lead to professional development workshops, and a combination of applied, basic, and educational research products. The PAPER Institute's director is the official project director of all PAPER Institute projects.
- Research, education, and development activities are funded to the limit of the endowment income dedicated to such activities and on a merit basis with the relevance to NPTA and its membership always being of prime consideration. If at any time fundable proposals are lacking from within the Coggin community, the Institute's director will solicit proposals from other State of Florida public universities. Faculty stipends for PAPER Institute participation will be paid upon completion of the associated project.
- As the liaison for the University of North Florida, the PAPER Institute's director will communicate on a regular basis with PAPER Foundation leadership, and attend NPTA and PAPER Foundation meetings to facilitate the communication of mutual needs and plans.
- The PAPER Institute director will build alliances with other research centers, institutions, and organizations that engage in distribution research or research that may be relevant to NPTA and its membership.
1 UNF Drive
Jacksonville, Florida 32224-2675
(904) 620-1515 Office
(904) 620-1665 Fax
UNF Campus Map