Faculty and Student Organization Information
The Coggin College Speakers Bureau provides faculty and student organizations with an opportunity to host distinguished alumni and friends as speakers.
Please take a moment to read the guidelines below regarding requesting and hosting a guest speaker.
Faculty and Student Organization Guidelines
- You will be connected with the speaker to discuss the speaker's topic, presentation length and format. The length of the presentation should be no longer than 45 minutes.
- You will be expected to meet your guest in the classroom a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the beginning of your class/club meeting and introduce the speaker to the audience.
- Speaker gifts should be picked up from the Dean's Office, 42/2010, prior to the class/club meeting and presented by the faculty/student organization contact at the conclusion of the presentation.If you have any questions please contact the Dean's office at 904-620-2590 or email at email@example.com
- A thank you note should be sent to the speaker by the faculty/student organization host.
- The Coggin College Speakers Bureau will assist in scheduling speakers, facilitating an introduction to faculty, confirming speaking opportunity, advertising guest on website, welcome message on lobby monitor, assist in scheduling additional appointments on campus (if needed), supplying gift and thank you card.
- The Speakers Bureau should be aware of any guest speakers for classes or student organizations regardless of how the speaker was scheduled. If a faculty member or student organization schedules a speaker directly, please notify the Coggin College Speakers Bureau at least one month in advance of the scheduled visit.
Please provide the following information:
- Speaker Name, Title, Company, Biography and Photo
- Class/Student Organization Name, Time, Date and Location
Many of our guests are contacted by multiple persons in the School for speaking opportunities. It is important that we do not overburden our distinguished guests with multiple requests. The Speakers Bureau will keep a record of scheduled visits.