Interested in becoming a Peer to Career Mentor?
The Coggin Peer to Career Mentor Program is a valuable volunteer opportunity with a two-semester commitment that includes 5 hours a week of free training and office hours. Peer Mentors learn, work, and develop professionally by partnering with Career Management Center staff. Peer mentors serve as a vital link between business students and our staff. The three major areas of responsibility are detailed below. To apply, click the application link on the right menu.
- Critique résumés and cover letters though walk-in advising.
- Advise on internship search topics and resources.
- Have impactful conversations with their peers regarding career development, job search strategies and professionalism.
- Serve as a role model for successful career exploration and preparation.
- Outreach and education
- Deliver presentations on career and job search topics to student organizations.
- Design informational materials and presentations to educate students on the use of various CMC career resources.
- Represent the CMC at market days, club meetings, and other events.
- Participate in marketing and promotion of CMC events and services
- Project and programming assistance
- Serve as a program/project assistant for ongoing programs/projects.
- Assist with coordinating and executing special events and career programs.
- Receive free weekly training designed to enhance your leadership and employability skills
- Expand your network and build your resume
- Refine your communication and mentoring skills
- Receive personal recommendations from the Career Management Center to competitive positions of your choice
- Earn a graduation stole at the end of your senior year for serving as Peer to Career Mentor