Recruitment - New Peer Mentors
Stand Out. Leave a Legacy. Get Paid!
Are you ready to inspire, encourage, and motivate younger business students? Do you have a passion to help others and a desire to learn how to equip others with the career tools necessary to locate and acquire great internships? Are you up for receiving paid extensive career and leadership training for your own personal development?
If so, you are the type of student leader the Peer-2-Career Mentor Program is looking to hire.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a P2CM! P2CMs are comprised of a prestigious group of high performing rising juniors, seniors or graduate students tasked to provide valuable career and leadership mentoring to business majors. Mentors undergo extensive weekly training as they guide their mentees in a number of career related areas, locating internships, developing an elevator pitch, using personal brand management in the internship marketplace, effectively marketing a study abroad experience on a resume, networking, and more!
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
- Winston Churchill
Your selection as a mentor is prestigious as P2CMs are recognized as top leaders at UNF.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate/graduate student
- Completed (or currently in progress) an internship/relevant work experience before the start of the Fall semester
- Carry an overall 3.0 UNF GPA (minimum)
- Hold weekly office hours (two to seven hours) meeting with students individually to provide mentoring services, including resume and cover letter critiquing, mock interviewing skills, internship research, networking, and more.
- Attend weekly P2CM training sessions (two hours weekly) to develop mentoring, leadership, and career tool delivery methods. Among other areas, weekly training topic range from resume critiquing techniques, mock interviewing techniques, emotional intelligence and attending skills.
- Meet with assigned Career Services staff for weekly refreshers and troubleshooting
- Market P2CM program at select events and student organizations meetings.
- Receive 25 to 30 paid hours of professional career/mentor training and develop professional mentoring skill sets in the areas of personal brand management, helping others locate internships, performing professional resume critiquing, mock interviewing, and more
- Earn $10.00/hour for any work relating to mentoring services, including professional career training
- Develop a professional relationship with your Career Services advisor, who may provide you with a valuable letter of recommendation for grad school, scholarships, or an internship/full time jobs
- Work in your own private P2CM office when holding office hours
- Learn about leadership opportunities within UNF you may not have previously known about
- Leave a legacy behind at UNF by making a real difference in the lives of numerous students