Recruiting and Branding Strategies
Developing and maintaining a presence in the Coggin College of Business is one of the keys to successful recruiting. The following are some ways that you can connect with students and develop or grow your company’s brand recognition.
Recruiting and Networking Events
Osprey Career Fair, is held twice a year (fall and spring) where hundreds of students and alumni of all majors come to search for internships, part-time and full-time opportunities. Our office also hosts the following opportunities:
- Student Leaders Mixer
- Diversity Mixer
- Transportation & Logistics Mixer
- Finance and Financial Planning Mixer
- Accounting Employer Showcase
- Marketing Mixer
- And more...
Information session or hiring social is an excellent way to meet and share information about your company with students. Holding the session prior to an on campus interviewing day or just after a career fair are two ways to help maximize attendance at the event. If you would like to host an event, please contact our office or submit a request in Handshake under the “Career Events” tab.
Hosting an information table in the Coggin College of
Business is a great way to increase your organization's visibility on campus
and promote available opportunities.
The Coggin Career Management Center provides employers with
a 6’ x 9’ table, 2 chairs, parking validation and advertisement to students.
Location and Time:
occurs just inside the Coggin College of Business Lobby one of our busiest
and high traffic areas.
tabling times are Monday-Thursday, 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Requesting a Table Reservation:
- All table
requests should be made via Handshake.
- Requests should
be made one week in advance before you plan to be on campus.
- Login into
handshake, then select Event in the left column.
- Select Request
Event and Event Name =
"Company Name - Informational Tabling Event".
- Choose Employer
On-site as the type of event.
- Fill out the
rest of the information, then click on save to request your event.
The Coggin Career Management Center
will review your table request within 48- 72 hours, and send a confirmation email with more information. Cancellations must be received 48 hours in advance or will
be considered a no-show.
Have more than
one staff member, preferably UNF Alumni.
(candy, donuts, cookies, water, etc.)
- Choose an
eye-catching table display.
- Giveaway company
swag. (notebooks, pens, usb chargers, etc.)
- Talk about upcoming UNF Engagement events (site visits, workshops,
- Provide Information
about open positions, full-time, part-time, internships.
Get Involved in the Coggin Career Readiness Certificate Program
The Coggin Career Readiness Certificate Program is a professional development program designed specifically for Coggin College of Business students. The program’s focus is on helping students advance their careers through the development of employability and networking skills. Getting involved in the Coggin Career Readiness Certificate Program is one of the best ways to develop your company’s presence on campus and get to know some of the top Coggin College of Business students.
The Career Readiness Certificate Program Includes:
- Workshops: Company representatives can volunteer to teach one of the Readiness workshops or a supplemental workshop on a subject that will contribute to students' professional development. Topics that would be welcomed include: "networking", "professional etiquette" and/or "successfully transitioning into the workplace".
- Mock Interviews: Conducting mock interviews is a great way to get to know students on an individual basis. Students truly value and apply what they learn and it is not uncommon for a company to hire a student that they met during a mock interview. For more info on the Mock Interview program, please visit the Mock Interview page for Employer Partners.
- Mentor Program: The mentor program matches Career Readiness certified students with local business professionals. The ideal mentor is a positive role-model who enjoys working with students to foster their professional development. The program requires a 3 hour per month commitment over a period of 8 months.
- Sponsorship: Contact the Career Management Center to discuss current sponsorship opportunities.
Partner with Student Organizations
Partnering with student organizations is a great way to connect with and get to know students. View a list of current Coggin College of Business student organizations.