NWP Summer Institute
Join Us for our FREE week-long Summer Institute at UNF fromJune 14th to June 18th, 2021
The National Writing Project at the University of North Florida, also known as the Seven Bridges Writing Project, is proud to announce its second annual Summer Institute, to be held on the campus of the University of North Florida. The Institute is open to select K-12 teachers within the region and is free to all participants (including materials, parking, snacks, and a swag bag). Participants will attend general sessions based upon teaching area (elementary/secondary), followed by a time to connect with fellow teachers and then a series of content-specific and interactive breakout sessions.
The Summer Institute applies the National Writing Project's philosophy of "teachers teaching teachers." This five-day institute is designed to inspire and support K-12 teachers and district leaders in Northeast Florida to better their practice in offering engaging writing instruction to students. The Summer Institute also provides an opportunity to develop your voice as a writer.
Apply for the 2021 Summer Institute!
Application link above downloads as a word document.
Who can participate?
K-12 teachers and district leaders in Northeast Florida
Monday - Friday, June 14- 18, 2021
Participants will attend general sessions based upon teaching area (elementary/secondary) followed by a time to connect with fellow teachers and then a series of content-specific and interactive breakout sessions
- Workshops are led by both UNF faculty and practicing teachers
- Breakout sessions
- Elementary and secondary sessions focused on practical strategies for engaging writing instruction
- A dedicated session on Thursday to preparation for FSA writing (with an alternate session for K-2 teachers)
- Coffee and a light breakfast are provided each morning and a lunch will be served on Monday and Friday
- There is NO COST for the Institute and participating teachers may be eligible to earn professional development credits
- Participants will be provided with materials, parking passes, snacks and a swag bag
- Become part of an ongoing reading and writing community and may be eligible to become Teacher Consultants for their district.
- Improve your practice in offering engaging writing instruction to students
- The Summer Institute also provides an opportunity to develop your voice as a writer
If you require an accommodation for this event, please contact Dr. John White at email@example.com at least five business days prior to the start of the event.