TESOL Educational Technology Graduate Certificate - Online
The online certificate in TESOL-Educational Technology focuses on the key concepts teacher candidates need to effectively integrate technology into Teaching English for Speakers of Other Language (TESOL) and discover current and future trends in TESOL and educational technology, along with strategies for implementing these trends in diverse domestic and international community contexts. This certificate program is available fully online, giving candidates the flexibility to take classes from nearly anywhere in the world. This 18-credit certificate program can be completed in one academic year in conjunction with another master's program, or on its own as a stand-alone program.
Strengths of UNF's TESOL Program
- Thoughtfully designed program to prepare students with both the linguistic and pedagogical tools to educate ESL learners.
- Provide opportunities to be in a field of education to practice what was learned during the course
- Assist prospective teachers to receive a professional credential that may assist them in successful or better employment opportunities in other countries.
- Opportunities to get teacher education course teaching position related to TESOL in the higher education field.
Required Courses (18 credit hours)
- TSL 6254 Applied Linguistic & Grammar for Educators (3 credits)*
- TSL 6345 Methods of Teaching in ESOL and Bilingual Settings (3 credits)*
- TSL 6325 TESOL Methods: Content Instruction (3 credits)*
- EME 5403 Technology in Education (3 credits)**
- EME 6046 Technology and Literacy (3 credits)
- EME 6601 Instructional Design and Applications (3 credits)
* courses that include required 10 hours of field experiences.
** EDA6271: Technology and Educational Leadership (3 credits) can be substituted for EME5403 Technology in Education (3 credits).
Suggested Course Sequence
(or EDA 6271)
Estimated time to complete: 1 year
Terms Offered: Every Fall, Spring and Summer (as needed)
Deadlines: Fall, August 1; Spring, December 1; Summer, March 15
Tuition and Fees: Visit the UNF Tuition and Fees site for more information
Special Notes: Select credits from this program may later be applied toward the master's program in curriculum and instruction/TESOL concentration or instructional technology.
All certificate courses can be applied for teacher recertification in all fields.
Dr. Michelle S. Kim, TESOL Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle.email@example.com
Dr. Terry Cavanaugh, Instructional Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org