Gladys Roddenberry Graduate Fellowships for Teaching Excellence
Five graduate fellowships, in the amount of $5,000 per awardee will be awarded annually to classroom teachers who are employed in accredited Duval County public and private schools, demonstrate excellence and serve as inspirations to their students. Each recipient will be assigned a College of Education and Human Services (COEHS) faculty mentor to assist and provide guidance in his or her professional development.
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted into the University of North Florida.
- Enroll as a graduate student in the College of Education and Human Services pursuing a master's degree leading to (a) Florida educator certification or endorsement or (b) advanced preparation for teachers.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be employed in an accredited Duval County public or private school as a full-time classroom teacher, with preference given for those who have been a full-time classroom teacher for at least three years, but no more than ten years.
- Have a demonstrated, documented commitment to students and to professional growth in K-12 education.
- Have evidence of consistent, excellent performance as a classroom teacher.
- Eligibility related to the employment and preference criteria above will be determined at the end of the school year prior to award disbursement.
- Enroll part-time (6 credit hours) each semester and earn a minimum of 12 credits by the end of each academic year.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in the graduate program.
- Comply with all University regulations, rules and codes of conduct governing students on campus.
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Development and Alumni Affairs for the purpose of reporting to the Donor.
- Remain in good standing as a student.
SPECIAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Within the response section of your online application, answer the following questions:
- Do you have a current State of Florida Teacher Certificate?
- How have you demonstrated commitment to your students?
- How have you demonstrated commitment to your professional growth?
- How have you demonstrated consistent high performance as a classroom teacher?
- How will this fellowship help you achieve your professional goals?
- This is a one-time award. No graduate student will be eligible for renewal.