Be an Urban Educator
We are currently accepting applications for rising junior and senior high school students and transfer students to attend the University of North Florida who want to be teachers.
The College of Education and Human Services will provide scholars with $6,000 per year in scholarship funds. Formerly referred to as the UNF Holmes Scholars, the Urban Education Scholarships continues to facilitate the diversification of the educator pipeline to better reflect PK-12 demographics. Supporting the Northeast Florida region with qualified teachers is crucial. This program also establishes an environment of mentorship and support for participants and prepares students to engage in the larger professional community.
Preference given to students who have graduated from high school in the northeast Florida region and come from a historically underrepresented group with a desire to pursue a career in education through the University of North Florida.
- Be eligible for admission to UNF: 3.0 GPA and a 1000 (SAT) or 21 (ACT) score
- Demonstrate a commitment to equity and diversity in education
- Major in education
- Complete FAFSA
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA throughout each semester at UNF
- Possess a passion for impacting the lives of youth and the neighborhoods in which they live
- Scholarship Award up to $6,000 per year ($3,000 for fall and $3,000 for spring semester)
- Receive financial support for tuition, room, and additional expenses
- Experience a cohort model (support for you and your family as you navigate your college experience at UNF)
- Receive individualized mentoring from UNF faculty and local community members
- Experience exciting professional development opportunities
- Receive training that will allow you to positively impact youth and the community
- Gain employment in Northeast Florida Schools immediately upon graduation
Complete an Application
For more information contact Dr. Rudy Jamison, Assistant Director of the UNF College of Education & Human Services’ Center for Urban Education and Policy.
Contact Dr. Rudy Jamison by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the College of Education and Human Services, our programs and services, and applying to UNF, please contact Jade Yuen, Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com.