Florida Fund for Minority Teachers
Individuals who are selected for the Florida Fund for Minority Teachers must:
- Be a resident of the State of Florida.
- Be a member of one of the following racial groups: African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaskan Native.
- Be newly admitted into a teacher education program at any of FFMT's participating universities/colleges.
- Be a junior and have not earned a baccalaureate degree in education.
- Have earned 60 credit hours or an AA degree.
- Have not exceeded 18 hours of upper division education courses at the time of application (includes current semester enrollment).
The annual amount of the Minority Teacher Education Scholarship is $4,000. Awards are only disbursed during the Fall and Spring semesters, in the amount of $2,000 per semester. Students may be eligible to receive the scholarship for up to two consecutive years.
Download the application from www.ffmt.org