FTCE Elementary Education K-6 Subject Area Exam - Social Science flashcards
Resources for specific exams
GOH Academy - Math Video Tutorials (GK and Elementary Education K-6 Subject Area Exam)
FTCE Elementary Education K-6 Subject Area Exam Content Modules (for previous exam version)
FTCE Middle Grades Mathematics Subject Area Exam - Sample Questions
FTCE Test Information Guide by Subject Area
FTCE Exceptional Student Education (ESE) Test Prep Guide
Study guides for the FTCE exams can also be borrowed from the local public library or purchased through online or local booksellers.
Information about all Florida Teacher Certification Exams can be accessed through the Florida Department of Education.
Note: Please be mindful of the copyright date and be sure to pick up the latest editions as the exams have changed recently.
Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE)
The FTCE is composed of three tests:
- General Knowledge Exam (GK)
- The required basic skills exam for teacher certification.You can register online at the FTCE web site. The General Knowledge Exam contains four subtests: Mathematics (45 multiple-choice items), Reading (40 multiple-choice, passage-based items), English Language Skills (40 multiple-choice items), and Essay. Official results will be available within 4-6 weeks.
- Professional Education Exam (Test PEd)
- Candidates applying for a Professional Certificate need to take the Professional Education Exam. This multiple-choice exam assesses general knowledge of pedagogy and professional practices and consists of approximately 120 items.
- Subject Area Exam (Test SAE)
- These are exams for degreed academic and some vocational subject areas. These exams measure content area knowledge and pedagogy, usually in a multiple-choice format. Several exams may require an essay component. Candidates applying for a Professional Certificate and those adding a subject area to a Professional Certificate must pass a subject area exam in the field(s) in which they seek certification.
For online registration for both the FTCE and the FELE please go to www.fl.nesinc.com
There are several testing sites in the Greater Jacksonville Area
- FSCJ (Downtown Campus)
- Pearson Testing Center located at 8380 Baymeadows Rd. Suite # 11
- Pearson Testing Center located at 8659 Baypine Rd.
One would need to register online and pay the appropriate fees to Pearson to take any part of the FTCE.
The most current information from the Florida Department of Education/ Bureau of Educator Certification regarding the Florida Teacher Certification Exam can be found on the FLDOE website for Educator Cerfification.
Policy for Undergraduate Admissions to a Teacher-Preparation Program
Policy for Baccalaureate Degree Completion
Undergraduate Student Resources
One-Stop Student Services
One-Stop can assist with questions relating to undergraduate admissions, academic records, registration and financial aid. Please refer to One Stop's Contact Us web page for detailed instructions on how to schedule an appointment during COVID-19, including options to schedule a Zoom appointment.