Internship Information & Application Fall 2019
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- You must have completed ALL of your program requirements on your program of study. This includes ALL methods courses. College policy does not permit taking a course with internship.
- You must have satisfactorily completed Field Experience I and II.
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- You must have successfully completed all critical tasks prior to internship.
- All incompletes must be removed prior to internship.
- You must provide documentation that you have taken the Professional Education and Subject Area exams for the Florida Teacher Certification Exam.
You should intern when your personal schedule will allow you to commit your full energies to this full time commitment.
Submission of application or placement does not guarantee that permission to register for internship will be granted.
- Check with your academic advisor in the College of Education and Human Services’ Office of Academic Support and Information Services (OASIS) to be sure all deficiencies are resolved prior to the end of the term preceding internship. Deficiencies not resolved prior to internship may result in delaying internship.
- Complete the application form. To access the application on line:
- Go to the UNF web page
- Click on the College of Education and Human Services
- Click on Field Experiences
- Click on Internship Information
- Click on Internship Application (right side of page)
- Complete a CPR/First Aid Certification course. You may take the course offered by the American Red Cross (358-8091), UNF’s Health Promotion (620-1570) or a course from another certified provider. The course must include CPR as well as First Aid. Submit a copy of your documentation of completion (cards, certificate, etc), for the course to the Office of Academic Support and Information Services YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THE COURSE COMPLETED TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION. However, documentation of CPR/First Aid must be submitted no later than July 1, 2019. Delaying submission of the documentation will delay permission to register for internship.
- Take the Florida Teacher Certification Exam both the Professional Education and the Subject Area Exam for your major. Submit documentation (scores) to the Office of Academic Support and Information Services by July 1, 2019. Permission to intern will not be granted if the appropriate documentation is not provided by the deadline.
- Obtain two passport style photos (snapshots not acceptable). These are available from various places such as Walgreens, CVS, etc. Remember to appear professional in these photos.
- INTERNSHIP MATERIALS FEE OF $35.00 WILL BE ASSESSED TO YOUR TUITION INVOICE
SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
- Deliver the original, complete application and an additional copy of the application form (Parts 1 – 7) to the Office of Academic Support and Information Services, Petway Hall, Room 1307, no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 1, 2019. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE Incomplete, inaccurate, or poorly done applications will be returned. This will result in delaying your placement.
- All students must be fingerprinted and cleared by the district in which they will intern. You will not be permitted to register for internship until you are fingerprinted and cleared. You will be notified by the Office of Academic Support and Information Services if you need to be fingerprinted for a particular county.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
- Use only regular white copy paper when printing the application – NO CARD STOCK.
- Use black ink only; 12 point font, double space.
- Do not staple application
- Do not affix pictures to application
- APPLICATION CANNOT BE HANDWRITTEN
- Submit TWO complete copies (Parts 1 – 7, which should include transcripts, essays and photos) to the Office of Academic Support and Information Services by the stated deadline.
If you have further questions, please contact Dr. Cathy O’Farrell at email@example.com