Internship Application Information
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
You must have completed ALL of your program requirements on your program of study. This includes ALL methods courses and Foreign Language requirements. College policy does not permit taking a course with internship.
- You must have satisfactorily completed all Field Lab courses associated with your program of studies.
You must have a grade point average of 2.5 or better.
All incompletes must be removed prior to internship.
You must provide documentation that you have taken the Professional Education and Subject Area exams for the Florida Teacher Certification Exam.
You should intern when your personal schedule will allow you to commit your full energies to this full time commitment.
Submission of application or placement does not guarantee that permission to register for internship will be granted.
- Check with your academic advisor in the College of Education and Human Services' Office of Academic Support and Information Services (OASIS) to be sure all deficiencies are resolved prior to the end of the term preceding internship. Deficiencies not resolved prior to internship may result in delaying internship.
- Complete the application form. To access the application online:
- Login to the OASIS Canvas Module
- Go to Assignments and select Intern Application
- Download and complete the application
- Complete a CPR/First Aid Certification course. You may take the course offered by the American Red Cross (358-8091), UNF's Health Promotion (620-1570) or a course from another certified provider. The course must include CPR as well as First Aid. Submit a copy of your documentation of completion (cards, certificate, etc), for the course to the Office of Academic Support and Information Services. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THE COURSE COMPLETED TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION. However, documentation of CPR/First Aid must be submitted no later than July 1 for fall applicants and December 1 for spring applicants. If the first occurs on a holiday or when the University is not in session, all documentation must be submitted on the following business day. Delaying submission of the documentation will delay permission to register for internship.
- Take the Florida Teacher Certification Exam both the Professional Education and the Subject Area Exam for your major. Submit documentation (scores) to the Office of Academic Support and Information Services no later than July 1 for fall applicants and December 1 for spring applicants. Permission to intern will not be granted if the appropriate documentation is not provided by the deadline.
INTERNSHIP MATERIALS FEE OF $35.00 WILL BE ASSESSED TO YOUR TUITION INVOICE.
SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
- Submit your complete application (Parts 1-7) via the assignments tab in Canvas by 5 p.m. of the stated deadline. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE. Incomplete, inaccurate, or poorly done applications will be returned. This will result in delaying your placement.
- All students must be fingerprinted and cleared by the district in which they will intern. You will not be permitted to register for internship until you are fingerprinted and cleared. You will be notified by the Office of Academic Support and Information Services if you need to be fingerprinted for a particular county.
If you have further questions, please contact Dr. Cathy O'Farrell at email@example.com