Internship Information & Application
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION PROCESS
• You must have completed ALL of your program requirements on your program of study. This includes ALL methods courses. College policy does not permit taking a course with internship.
• You must have satisfactorily completed Field Experience I and II.
• You must have a grade point average of 2.5 or better.
• You must have successfully completed all critical tasks prior to internship.
• All incompletes must be removed prior to internship.
You must provide documentation that you have taken the Professional
Education and Subject Area exams for the Florida Teacher Certification
You should intern when your personal schedule will allow you to commit your full energies to this full-time commitment.
Submission of application or placement does not guarantee that permission to register for internship will be granted.
- Check with your academic advisor in our office to be sure all deficiencies
are resolved prior to the end of the term preceding internship.
Deficiencies not resolved prior to internship may result in delaying
- Complete the application form. To access the application on line:
1. Go to the UNF web page
2. Click on the College of Education and Human Services
3. Click on OASIS
4. Click on Internship Information
5. Click on Internship Application (right side of page)
a CPR/First Aid Certification course. You may take the course offered
by the American Red Cross (358-8091), UNF’s Health Promotion (620-1570)
or a course from another certified provider. The course must include
CPR as well as First Aid. Submit a copy of your documentation of
completion (cards, certificate, etc), for the course to our office. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THE COURSE
COMPLETED TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION. However, documentation of
CPR/First Aid must be submitted no later than July 1, 2018. Delaying
submission of the documentation will delay permission to register for
- Take the Florida Teacher Certification Exam both the
Professional Education and the Subject Area Exam for your major. Submit
documentation (scores) to our office. Permission to intern will not be granted if the
appropriate documentation is not provided by the deadline.
- Obtain two passport style photos (snapshots not acceptable). These
are available from various places such as Walgreens, CVS, etc. Remember to appear professional in these photos.
- INTERNSHIP MATERIALS FEE OF $35.00 WILL BE ASSESSED TO YOUR TUITION INVOICE
Printing your Transcript
Login to MyWings Account using INTERNET EXPLORER
- Click on Student Tab
- Scroll down to Academic Profile on the left side of the page
- Under Advisors, click on Transcript (it will be in blue letters)
- Transcript Level: Undergraduate
- Transcript Type: Internal
- Click Submit
- Right click on the transcript page and select “print preview”
- Select “only the selected frame”
- Click printer icon
- Click print
Submitting the Application
• Deliver the original application and an additional copy of the
application form (Parts 1 – 7) to our office at: Petway Hall, Room 1304, no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 16, 2018. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE Incomplete, inaccurate, or poorly done applications will be returned. This will result in delaying your placement.
All students must be fingerprinted and cleared by the district in which
they will intern. You will not be permitted to register for internship
until you are fingerprinted and cleared. You will be notified by us if you need to be fingerprinted for a particular county.
Completing the Application
- Use only regular white copy paper when printing the application – NO CARD STOCK.
- Use black ink only; 12 point font, double space.
- Do not staple application
- Do not affix pictures to application
- APPLICATION CANNOT BE HANDWRITTEN
- Submit TWO complete copies (Parts 1 – 7, which should include
transcripts, essays and photos) to our office by the stated deadline.
If you have further questions, please contact Dr. Cathy O'Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org.