Academic Advising provides individualized academic
advisement to all students in the college. All students are required to
meet with an academic advisor so that a degree evaluation may be
prepared, reviewed, and signed; therefore, students are encouraged to
see an advisor as early as possible. This will provide students with a
well-defined set of program requirements and enable them to progress in
an efficient manner toward the completion of their degree.
Advisors are available from 8:30am-5pm, M-F.
If you need to withdraw from a class, follow these instructions.
Our college has a new teacher-preparation program admission policy. Read it here.
Make an appointment with an advisor in MyWings
- From the STUDENT tab in MyWings in the My RECORDS box click ADVISING TUTORING & WORKSHOPS > ADVISING APPOINTMENTS
- Click the drop down box to SELECT WEEK > SUBMIT
- When your advisor's calendar for that week appears click on one of the APPOINTMENT AVAILABLE options to make your appointment by following the instructions on the screen
- Please make sure to leave a brief comment letting your advisor know what you will be discussing
- If you cannot schedule the appointment through your myWings, please call our main office at 904.620.3934
If you have recently changed your major or are wanting to talk to an advisor about changing your major, please call the office to schedule your appointment so we can ensure you are meeting with the correct advisor.
GK and Other Testing Resources
Career Development Resources
UNF Career Services
provides a comprehensive, four-year career development program designed
to teach students how to assess their individual skills and interests,
research careers, explore the world of work through experiential
learning opportunities, and present themselves effectively to employers
and graduate schools. Career resources specifically for education students are also available.
Educator Preparation Institute (EPI)
alternative route to professional
teaching certification in Florida
for those with bachelors degrees in
areas other than education.
Information about employment opportunities within the Florida public K-12 school districts is available online at GreatTeacher.net