Sport Management Honors
Major: Sport Management
Concentration: Accelerated B.S. to M.Ed.
Degree: Bachelor of Science
This is an accelerated bachelor (B.S. in Sport Management) to master's degree program
- Students will complete the B.S. degree and matriculate into the master's degree program with 6 credit hours completed.
- Graduates earn a M.Ed. in Educational Leadership with a concentration in Athletic Administration.
- This accelerated program also serves as the Honors in the Major for Sport Management.
- Up to $1,500* of financial aid is available for those accepted into this program. *award based on financial need.
Once an undergraduate has attained junior status, they are eligible to apply for an accelerated track. The following is required:
- Completion of at least 15 undergraduate hours in their major.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.40 in their major, 3.0 overall GPA
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member in their major.
Students who are admitted into the accelerated program would be able to take 2 courses (6 hours at the graduate level) and would be able to select 2 of the 5 graduate courses listed below:
- SPM5206 Ethics and Issues in Sport (3 credits)
- SPM5308 Marketing and Promotion in Sport (3 credits)
- SPM5506 Sport Finance (3 credits)
- SPM5606 Sport Governance and Compliance (3 credits)
- SPM6106 Sport Facility and Risk Management (3 credits)
Dr. Liz Gregg
Associate Professor & Chair