This concentration is a state-approved program that carries the endorsement for educational leadership needed by teachers who wish to move into administration in the public school system. The program consists of 30 semester hours of core requirements. At least one year of teaching experience and a valid professional, not temporary, teaching certificate are required. Please direct any questions to Dr. Laura Boilini.
A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent from a foreign institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
Additional program requirements: (School Leadership concentration only)
- Letter of intent
- Describe professional and career goals
- Copy of professional, not temporary, teaching certificate or statement of eligibility:
- At least 1 year of successful full-time teaching experience in public or private school, 3 years preferred
- Three letters of recommendation
- Address applicant’s qualifications for success in graduate school
- Must be on official letter head (if applicable) and have an original signature (electronic signatures are not acceptable)
Applicants not meeting the 3.0 minimum requirement may contact the Educational Leadership Program Director for additional admission criteria options. For additional tools to determine GPA, please visit Calculating Your GPA.
- EDG 6991 Action Research
- EDF 6480 Foundations of Research
- EDA 6061 Intro to Educational Leadership for Social Justice
- EDS 6050 Instructional Leadership
- EDA 6196 Leadership and Learning Organizations
- EDA 6215 Development of School and Community Resources
- EDG 6625 Curriculum and Assessment Leadership
- EDS 6130 Human Resource Development
- EDA 6242 School Finance
- EDA 6945 Practicum in Educational Leadership
- EDA 6232 Law and Ethics in Educational Leadership
*It is important that you follow this schedule. The courses that are listed for each semester will only be offered during that semester with the exception of EDG 6991 Action Research, EDF 6480 Foundations of Research, and EDA 6945 Practicum in Educational Leadership.
*A passing score on the FELE exam is required to graduate.
Educational Leadership: School Leadership (Master of Education)
Program Description for Educational Leadership
Major: Educational Leadership
Concentration: School Leadership
Degree: Master of Education
Core Requirements (6 credits)
EDA6061 Intro. to Ed. Ld. Soc. Justice (3 Credits)
SELECT 1 FROM THE FOLLOWING:
- EDF 6480 Foundations in Education Research
- EDG 6911 Action Research in Education
Major Requirements (24 credits)
Students will take the EDA6945 Practicum in Educational Leadership for 3 credits and may take the course for 3-6 credits if they already possess a master's degree.
EDA6196 Leadership/Learning Organizat (3 Credits)
EDA6215 Developing School/Comm Resourc (3 Credits)
EDA6232 Law and Ethics in Edu Lead (3 Credits)
EDA6242 School Finance (3 Credits)
EDA6945 Practicum in Educatl Leadrshp (1-9 Credits)
EDG6625 Curriculum and Assessment Ld. (3 Credits)
EDS6050 Instructional Leadership (3 Credits)
EDS6130 Human Resource Deve in Educati (3 Credits)