Higher Education Administration
This concentration is intended for those students who wish to obtain a master's degree and assume leadership roles in post secondary educational settings, do not desire the Florida Educational Leadership Certificate, and wish to work in higher education and continuing education. This degree is not for individuals seeking to become K-12 administrators.
News and Events
Upcoming Information Sessions for the College of Education and Human Services can be found on our Events page.
A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or its equivalent from a foreign institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study.
Additional program requirements:
- Official transcripts from all attended institutions
- Written statement identifying:
- professional and career goals
- Current resume
- Three letters of recommendation (using UNF's online reference system)
Applicants not meeting the 3.0 minimum requirement may contact the Educational Leadership Program Director for additional admission criteria options. For additional tools to determine GPA, please visit Calculating Your GPA.
Our Postsecondary and Adult Studies program name has changed to "Higher Education Administration." Join us for a high-quality experience and education.
Contact the Program Director Dr. Luke Cornelius by email at HEA@unf.edu or by phone, (904) 620-5748
Higher Education Admin.: General Higher Education (Master of Science)
Program Description for Higher Education Admin.
Major: Higher Education Admin.
Concentration: General Higher Education
Degree: Master of Science
Core Requirements (6 credits)
EDH6069 Foundations of Higher Ed (3 Credits)
EDF6480 Foundations of Ed Research (3 Credits)
Major Requirements (18 credits)
EDH6405 Higher Education Law (3 Credits)
EDH6505 Higher Education Finance (3 Credits)
EDH6401 Higher Education Policy (3 Credits)
EDH6635 Org and Leadershp in Higher Ed (3 Credits)
EDH6020 Foundations of Student Affairs (3 Credits)
EDH6050 Diversity in Higher Ed. (3 Credits)
Major Electives (12 credits)
SELECT 9 hours from:
- EDH6025 Higher Education Advancement
- EDH 6415 Personnel Management in Higher Education
- EDH 6648 Outcomes Assessment in Higher Education
- EDH 6058 Comparative Higher Education
- EDH 6637 Campus Crisis Management
- EDH 6946 Practicum in Higher Education
- EDA 6191 Team Leadership & Development
- EDA 6302 Lifelong Learning & Professional Development
- EDA 6930 Grants Development & Program Design
- EDA 6271 Technology & Educational Leadership
- EME 6409 Interactive Distance Education
- EME 6601 Instructional Design & Applications
- SPM 5158 Intercollegiate Athletic Administration
- SPM 5605 Sport Governance & Compliance
SELECT 3 hours - consult with faculty