C.A.M.P. Osprey Fellowship Now Available
- Get the details (Links to a PDF. You may need to download Acrobat Reader to view)
C.A.M.P. Osprey in the news
C.A.M.P. Osprey builds leaders
C.A.M.P. Osprey is an innovative leadership mentoring program that pairs collegiate student leaders from the University of North Florida with Duval County Public School students in grades 5-9. This will be an on-campus immersion program and will provide weekly mentoring sessions for middle school students in Duval County.
The success of other programs like C.A.M.P. Osprey has had a great impact in the state of Florida and has helped to develop the leadership skills of hundreds of students.
Student leaders selected to participate in our program are given the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills, mentor a child in these same leadership skills, make a difference in their community and understand the influence on can have in the field of education and educational leadership.
Students who participate in this program can expect to see an increase in their GPA, an increase in attendance and will help their mentees decrease their incidence of suspensions (up to 72 percent). Participants will also improve their public speaking abilities, as well as their goal-setting and leadership skills.
UNF Collegiate Mentors
- Leadership development through hybrid courses within Taylor Leadership Institute
- Weekly onsite and online mentoring sessions with elementary- and middle-school students in Duval County
- Leadership and college readiness skill development
- On-campus, college immersion event
- Future UNF students/mentors
University of North Florida
- Introduction to the field of education from underrepresented students' populations on campus
- Support and engagement from Enrollment Services, Office of Equal Opportunity and Inclusion, Taylor Leadership Institute
- Highly visible model of collaboration between COEHS, DCPS and UNF
Model of Success
- Based on the highly successful C.A.M.P. programs at the University of Florida and North Carolina State University
- Research has been presented at a number of national conferences
- Awards from National Jefferson Foundation, ESPN, United Way and United Healthcare