Professional Education Minor
UNF students may select the Professional Education Minor offered by the College of Education and Human Services to satisfy the University minor requirements. The Professional Education Minor meets the minimum professional education requirements for alternative teacher certification in Florida.
Students are not permitted any grade lower than a C and may not have a cumulative grade point average of less than 2.5 in their education coursework. A 2 credit, 50 hour field experience in an approved school is included in the minor requirements.
Students must complete a background check and fingerprinting prior to beginning their field experience. Students should consult with an advisor in the College of Education and Human Services to obtain information about teacher certification in Florida.
Program Description for Professional Education
Minor: Professional Education
Minor: Professional Education (20 credits)
Students must earn a "C" grade or higher and an overall 2.5 GPA in the minor. Must get registration approval for all minor courses from College of Education. NOTICE: All field experiences require fingerprinting and background checks prior to placement in schools.
EDF1005 Intro to Teaching Profession (3 Credits)
EDF3151 Educational Psychology (3 Credits)
EDF3945 Field Laboratory I (2-4 Credits)
- Must be taken concurrently with EDG 3323
EDG3323 The Learning Process (3 Credits)
EDF4444 Assessment of Learn/Behavior (3 Credits)
EDG4410 Classroom Managment Commun (3 Credits)
- Prereqs:EDF 3151, EDF 3945
METHODS Select 1 Methods course:
Select a Methods course from the following list that pertains to your major:
- ARE 4353 Teaching Art with Focus
- LAE 4335 Spec. Methods: Second. Eng (prereq:EDF 3945) (Fall & Spring Only)
- MAE 4330 Spec.Methods: Second.Math (prereqs:EDF3945 and EDG 3323) (Fall Only)
- SSE 4384 Special Methods: Social Studies(prereq: EDF3945 and EDG 3323 (Fall & Spring only)
- SCE4330 (prereq: EDF3945 & EDG 3323) (Fall only)
- PET 3713 Special Methods: Cur. K8-K-12
- FLE 4333 Special Methods: Foreign Language (Fall only)
- EEX 4255 Curriculum & Inst: Learn.Except (Spring only)
- HSC 3304 Instruct. Methods in Health Ed.
- MUE 4311 Music Education Elementary School
- MUE4330 Music Education Secondary School
***(NOTE: Music Majors should take both MUE 4311 & 4300)
- RED 3333 Secondary Reading Methods (For Business and Communication majors only)
- RED 3310 Elementary Reading Methods (For Business and Communication majors only)