Statement of Status of Eligibility
What is a Statement of Status of Eligibility?
The Statement of Status of Eligibility is a document that outlines the customized steps an individual needs to complete in order to become eligible for certification.
In order to receive a Statement of Status of Eligibility please complete the following steps:
- Apply online through the Department of Education through this link http://www.fldoe.org/edcert. You will go to Teaching>Educator Certification>Apply and Check Status>Create an Account.
- Select the subject and grade level in which you wish to become certified in (for example, Biology 6-12).
- Pay the $75 fee.
- Mail official unopened transcripts from all institutions in which you earned college level credit, including the institution in which you received your bachelor's degree to:
- Florida Department of Education
- Bureau of Educator Certification
- Room 201, Turlington Building
- 325 West Gaines Street
- Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400
- Once you have completed the online application process and your transcripts have been received, your Statement of Status of Eligibility will arrive in the mail in approximately 6-8 weeks. Please make sure to print a copy of your receipt.