Deaf Education Block Schedule
This block schedule is not to be used in lieu of your Program of Study but to assist in appropriate sequencing of course work and for planning each term. Please contact Hailey Miller, EDIE Academic Advisor to discuss your program of study. This schedule is tentative, and subject to change. The schedule assumes:
- You have satisfied all prerequisites, foreign language, and General Education requirements.
- You are a full-time student, can take day and evening classes, and do not break continuity.
(These buttons link to PDF files- you may need to download acrobat reader to view)
Students enrolled in the program prior to Fall 2018: Please contact Hailey Miller, Academic Advisor, to discuss your program of study.
Planning for Field Experience & Internship Requirements:
- Students must complete a level 2 background check (including fingerprints) prior to the assignment of any student to a field/clinical experience in every district in which the field/clinical experiences will be completed. For more information, visit COEHS OASIS.
- Students not cleared by the school district will not be permitted entrance to schools.
- The following field-based courses require a completion of a minimum of 60 field hours in addition to class time with the instructor:
- EHD 3941 Deaf Ed Field Practicum I
- EHD 4904 Deaf Ed Field Practicum II
- EHD 4270 Teaching DHH Students in Diverse Settings
- TSL 4340 TESOL Methods and Curriculum
- Successful completion of the courses listed above with a grade of C or better is a prerequisite to internship.
- Applications for Internship are due by the 4th week of the term before you plan to intern. Late applications are not accepted.
- You must take and attempt to pass the FTCE Professional Exam and the Hearing Impaired K-12 Exam prior to your internship semester.
- General Education course work must be completed with a grade of C or higher.
- The student must apply to graduate in the term they plan to graduate.
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.5 or better for each semester they are enrolled in a teacher education program.
- A minimum of 120 semester hours (48 hours at the upper 3000/4000 level) is required for the bachelor's degree.
- Students must complete at least 25 percent of the required degree credit hours in residence at UNF.
- Prior to registering for courses at another institution, permission must be obtained from the program director.