MS ASL/English Interpreting - Educational Interpreting
PROGRAM OF STUDY
(Effective Fall 2022)
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Interpreting OR a Bachelor's degree in a related field plus national certification AND permission of program director.
- A 3.0 GPA during the last 60 hours in the first baccalaureate program
SAMPLE COURSE SEQUENCE
- Courses are offered in a 5-term rotation, 2 courses per term.
- Although the program allows part time attendance, students who opt to take fewer classes than are offered will delay graduation for at least one year as courses are offered in a rotation.
- The sequence below is designed to give you an idea of when courses will be offered, but it is subject to change.
Term 1 (Fall 1)
INT 5805 Mentoring in Interpreter Education
EEX 5053 Foundations of Exceptional Education and Services
Term 2 (Spring 1)
INT 5408 Interpreting in Educational Settings
INT 5457 Interpreting in Intercultural Contexts
Term 3 (Summer 1)
INT 5932 Issues and Trends in Educational Interpreting
INT 6911 Applied Research in Interpreting
Term 4 (Fall 2)
INT 5405 Interpreting Academic Subjects
INT 6415 DeafBlind Interpreting
Term 5 (Spring 2)
INT 6274 Advanced ASL Concepts for Interpreters
INT 6946 Interpreting Internship