Minor in Early Childhood Education
The minor in early childhood provides content knowledge and skills for students interested in working with young children, their families and communities. The coursework is designed to increase student understanding of young children, provide opportunities for advocacy in the community and grow personally.
Minor: Early Childhood Education (18 credits)
- Conditions to the minor: No more than 6 credit hours are allowed to be transferred in from another institution. These transfer courses must be pre-approved. A cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required for the minor. Some minor courses require an override from the College of Education and Human Services prior to registration.
CHOOSE One of the following:
- EEC 4209 Music, Art and Movement
- EEC 4210 Math, Science & Social Studies
- EDG4905 1 -3 Individual Invest and Study
- EEC3408 3 Family School Partnerships
- EEC4260 3 Dev Pre-Kinder Prm Tch
- LAE3210 3 Foundations of Literacy