SummerCoding Camp for 1st through 5th Graders
Ozzie's Playful Computing Summer Camp 2022
Forget about summer learning loss, make it a summer to remember!
Have your campers Solve, Tinker, Explore & Play, (STEP) into a safe and collaborative 21st-Century, teaching and learning lab where they will engage in age-appropriate hands-on, coding projects, challenges and STEM activities with highly qualified teachers, UNF staff and camp counselors.
Full Camp Experience: 3-week camp | June 6-24 | $1,050*
or 1-week Summer Swoop-In Sessions: June 6-10, June 13-17, June 20-24 | $350* per week
*UNF Faculty, staff & students receive a 15% tuition discount
- Camp is hosted at UNF from Monday–Friday; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 2 Cohorts; Code Critters (1st-2nd grades) & Code Creators (3rd-5th grades)
- This unique, research backed, coding camp was created specifically for early learners (1st through 5th graders) to learn the fundamentals and principles of computer coding using MIT’s Scratch program.
- Nutritious snacks and drinks provided; campers to bring their own lunch
- Daily multimedia mailers showcasing student engagement and growth
Camper Experience and Curriculum
Now more than ever, young minds and bodies need to be engaged in meaningful, enriching, collaborative learning that activates all their senses.
Mirroring the traditional school day, campers will have the summer camp experience they want and need as they spread their wings and prepare for a new year.
- Our unique curriculum provides campers with a variety of rich, culturally relevant, social-emotional learning experiences that will prepare them well for a strong return to school in the Fall.
- Campers will be immersed in a research-based, computer coding and digital literacy experience based on MIT’s Scratch platform.
- Additionally, your 21st Century learner will tinker and explore the exciting and expanding world of drones, and robotics in a collaborative and nurturing environment.
- With a camper to adult ratio of 6:1, campers will receive individualized attention and support from highly-qualified, licensed and trained veteran Computer Science teachers as well as teacher leaders.
3 Easy Steps to Register and Secure Your Camper's Spot
- Limited enrollment will fill up quickly, so act fast!
- Due to overwhelming demand, Code Cruncher (rising 3rd-5th graders) registration has ended.
To be added to the waitlist for any week, please email the Summer Camp Director, Xavier Rozas, at email@example.com.
Code Critters (rising 1st-2nd graders) is still available for registration.
- Download and complete the Waiver and Release Form for Minors
- Click on the Register Now button below
- You will be asked to answer questions about your camper tentatively reserving your camper's spot.
- You will prompted to upload your completed and signed Waiver and Release Form (see above link to download)
- Make Your Payment
- After completing the registration survey, you will be provided with a link to our secure UNF payment portal.
- Select the Full Camp Experience or individually themed weeks.
- Submit payment for processing.
Upon receiving the completed registration form, waiver, and tuition fee, you will be sent an enrollment verification email along with helpful information to ensure your camper has a summer to remember.
Would you like to pay it forward?
Help us sponsor a camper who may not otherwise be able to attend Ozzie's Playful Computing Summer Camp. You may do so by making a gift of any size by selecting the sponsor button below. If you would like to sponsor the program, please click the link below. On the following page select "COEHS S.T.E.P. Lab" from the designation menu.