Project InTERSECT: STEM+C Professional Development for Current Teachers
STEM+C Professional Development for teachers is a year-long program comprised of four online modules for PK-3 teacher leaders to integrate STEM+C instruction into their classrooms. We are seeking highly motivated and innovative PK-3 DCPS teachers to participate in an exciting opportunity to deepen their expertise in STEM+C classroom. Our primary focus is to provide teachers working at schools among low-income communities STEM+C professional development opportunities.
- Be a PK-3 classroom* teacher.
- *Media Specialists and VE teachers are not eligible
- Have a passion for learning
- Commit to four online course modules over the course of one year
- Commit to STEM+C integration in your classroom
- Interest in STEM education
- Teachers will be selected from those working within qualifying opportunity zones and Title I Schools
Still unsure if you meet the eligibility requirements to participate in the STEM+C Professional Development for teachers? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions webpage.
We provide each DCPS PK-3 participant a stipend to recognize their participation outside the regular school day. This competitive program consists of four fully-online classes over four semesters that will provide an in-depth view of integrated STEM research, theory, and the application of current best classroom practice. UNF will provide participating teachers the following:
- Enhance STEM+C instruction, student engagement and learning in your classroom
- Earn a stipend that recognizes your implementation and expertise in creating STEM+C classrooms
- Be a part of a STEM+C learning community across schools
- Support from your Principal
- UNF provides a stipend of $6,000
- UNF provides all classroom materials
- No tuition and fees
- Be a difference marker in the community
Exclusive Online Program
- Get paid to participate in four UNF online professional development modules, PLC's and coaching to prepare you to integrate STEM+C into your classroom
- Designed to accommodate working elementary teachers
- Coursework for cohort 4 begins Fall term (August 2022)
STEM Professional Development Modules:
Computational Thinking in STEM Plus C Environments
Teaching Elementary Mathematics Using Technology
Engineering in the Elementary Classroom
Classroom Inquiry for Teachers
How to Apply
- Prepare the necessary documents you will need to provide for the initial application including:
- Updated copy of your CV or Resume
- Completed and signed Principal Support Form (pdf forms can be requested by emailing Project Manager Latrina Patrick at email@example.com)
- A copy of your Active Teacher License
- Complete the application form by selecting the "Apply Now" button below:
Program Start Date is August 22, 2022 (Fall term).
Space is limited for this highly competitive program. Fall 2022/ Cohort #4 is the final cohort and last chance to participate in Project InTERSECT. After the application deadline we will review all applications and let each applicant know if they have been accepted for cohort 4. Complete the application form by selecting the above "Apply Now" button.
- Cohort 1 will participate and take coursework Summer 2021 - Summer 2022
- Cohort 2 will participate and take coursework Fall 2021 - Fall 2022
- Cohort 3 will participate and take coursework Spring 2022 - Spring 2023
- Cohort 4 will participate and take coursework Fall 2022 - Fall 2023