Project InTERSECT: Become a STEM+C Teacher Leader
STEM+C Teacher Leader Academy is a year-long program comprised of graduate level coursework for PK-3 teacher leaders to integrate STEM+C instruction into their classrooms. Teacher Leaders take four UNF graduate level online courses coupled with an online PLC and coaching community. We are seeking highly motivated and innovative PK-3 DCPS teacher leaders to participate in an exciting opportunity to deepen their expertise in STEM+C classroom instruction and serve as teacher leaders in STEM+C instruction. We are seeking those educators who remain in the PK-3 classroom and serve as teacher leaders for their colleagues in the area of early childhood STEM+C instruction. Our primary focus is to provide teacher leaders working at schools among low-income communities STEM+C professional development opportunities.
- Be a PK-3 classroom teacher for 3 or more years*
- *3 or more years experience as classroom teachers are required. Media Specialists and VE Teachers are not eligible.
- 3.0 GPA on last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- Have a passion for learning
- Commit to four semesters of graduate coursework
- Commit to STEM+C integration in your classroom
- Interest in teacher leadership and supporting the learning of other educators
- Teachers will be selected from those working within qualifying opportunity zones and Title I schools
Still unsure if you meet the eligibility requirements to participate in the STEM+C Teacher Leader Academy? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions webpage.
We provide each DCPS PK-3 participant a stipend to recognize their participation outside the regular school day. Participation includes engagement in 4 semesters of professional development and participate in research and evaluation materials. UNF will provide Teacher Leader participants the following:
- Enhance STEM+C instruction, student engagement, and learning in your PK-3 Classroom.
- Earn a stipend that recognizes your implementation and expertise in creating STEM+C classrooms.
- Become a part of a PLC and network committed to profoundly impacting the lives of children.
- Support from your Principal and through coaching.
- Stipend of $2,700 for semester 1 and $3,700 for semester 2-4 per semester, for 4 semesters equaling a total of $13,800
- UNF provides cost of TUITION and fees (valued at $5,922)
- UNF provides all classroom materials
- Be a difference marker in the community.
Exclusive Online Program
- Get paid to earn 12 credits of your Elementary Education graduate degree
- Designed to accommodate working elementary teachers
- Coursework begins Spring term (January 2022)
- This competitive program consists of four fully-online classes over four semesters that will provide an in-depth view of integrated STEM research, theory, and the application of current best classroom practice
STEM Concentration Courses:
Computational Thinking in STEM Plus C Environments
Teaching Elementary Mathematics Using Tech
Engineering in the Elementary Classroom
Classroom Inquiry for Teachers
How to Apply
- Prepare the necessary documents you will need to provide for the initial application including:
- Updated copy of your CV or Resume
- Completed and signed Principal Support Form (pdf forms can be requested by emailing Project Manager Latrina Patrick at email@example.com)
- A copy of your Active Teacher License
- Complete the application form by November 3 by selecting the "Apply Now" button below:
Application Deadline is November 3, 2021 for cohort #3. Program Starts January 2022 (Spring Semester). This is the last time this program will be offered. Apply now to be a part of the final cohort.
Space is limited for this highly competitive program. After the application deadline we will review all applications and let each applicant know if they have been accepted for cohort 3 and next steps.
- Cohort 1 will participate and take coursework Summer 2021 - Summer 2022
- Cohort 2 will participate and take coursework Fall 2021 - Fall 2022
- Cohort 3 will participate and take coursework Spring 2022 - Sprin 2023