Project InTERSECT: STEM+C for Teacher Candidates
STEM+C for teacher candidates is a year-long program comprised of four online modules for teacher candidates (UNF COEHS students) to gain an in-depth look at STEM+C instruction and curriculum while earning 4 badges. We are seeking highly motivated and innovative teacher candidates in their Junior year to participate in an exciting opportunity to deepen their expertise in STEM+C before they head out into schools as first time teachers.
- Be a current COEHS junior pursuing a degree in Elementary Education, Pre-K primary licensure or Exceptional Student Education
- Have a passion for learning
- Commit to four online course modules over the course of one year
- Interest in STEM education
We provide each teacher candidate who chooses to participate a stipend to recognize their efforts to continue their learning outside the regular college curriculum. This competitive program consists of four fully-online modules over the course of one year that will provide an in-depth view of integrated STEM research, theory, and the application of current best classroom practice. UNF will provide participating teacher candidates the following benefits:
- Enhance STEM+C instruction, student engagement and learning in your future classroom
- Earn a stipend that recognizes your implementation and expertise in creating STEM+C classrooms
- Be a part of a STEM+C learning community across schools
- Support from a mentor
- UNF provides a stipend of $800 ($200 per semester)
- UNF provides all classroom materials
- Earn a graduation cord
- Be a difference maker in the community
Exclusive Online Program
- Get paid to participate in four UNF online professional development modules, PLC's and coaching to prepare you to integrate STEM+C into your future classroom
- Designed to accommodate current UNF students
- Coursework begins Spring 2022 term
Each badge will be completed one semester at a time. Badges can be completed at your own pace within that semester. Badges are sequential. All participants will complete the same badge during the same term, one at a time.
- Computational Thinking
- Mathematics and Technology
- Engineering in the Classroom
- Classroom Inquiry for Teachers
How to Apply
- Complete the application form by selecting the "Apply Now" button below:
Program Start Date is January, 2022 (Spring term). Space is limited for this highly competitive program. This is the last opportunity to participate in this program. Please contact Latrina Patrick, Project Manager, for application details and information by email at email@example.com
Previously recorded information sessions have been made available on our YouTube Channel so interested students can learn more about the program.
Watch one of the information sessions.