2022 Presidential Diversity & Inclusion Awards and Scholarships
To acknowledge and honor the exemplary efforts of a student, faculty, or staff member who:
- Increases the appreciation for, and the awareness of the benefits, importance, and relevance of diversity and inclusion.
- Works to advance the efforts of the university to be more diverse and inclusive, identifies and challenges obstacles, and identifies and builds assets and strengths.
Nominations Accepted from Monday, Nov. 22, 2021 through Friday, Jan. 14, 2022 (by 5 p.m.)
Submit nominations online by completing this simple form. The deadline to submit is 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 14, 2022. The Commission will notify nominees on Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022, and nominees will have until 5 p.m. on Friday, February 11, 2022 to submit a complete candidate packet.
- One (1) faculty member will receive a $2,500 award.
- One (1) staff member will receive a $2,500 award.
- Up to two (2) students will receive a $1,000 award.
Presidential Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Award
- All current faculty, employed with the university for six (6) months or longer, are eligible for the award.
Presidential Diversity and Inclusion Staff Award
- All current staff, employed with the university for six (6) month or longer, are eligible for the award.
Presidential Diversity and Inclusion Scholarships
- Students who are in good standing with the university are eligible for the scholarship(s), if:
- currently enrolled in at least three credit hours,
- and plan to enroll in at least three credit hours for spring 2022.
- Students must have demonstrated evidence of a commitment to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion on campus and/or in the surrounding community.
Nominations may be made by any person and nominees may self-nominate. Nominees should be those who engage in diversity and inclusion initiatives, organizational programs, and/or systemic activities and efforts. Nominees should create or enhance opportunities for UNF students, faculty, and/or staff to develop in ways related to diversity and inclusion.
Screening and Selection Procedures
For purposes of the award selection process, diversity and inclusion initiatives are defined as organizational programs, activities, and efforts, designed to promote and support differences in people and society that may include race and ethnic origin, gender, ability, religion, age, education, sexual orientation or unlisted differences.
The selection process includes:
- Nominations accepted between Monday, Nov. 22, 2021 and 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 14, 2022.
- The Commission on Diversity & Inclusion (CODI) will contact all nominees Wednesday, Jan. 19 and communicate the information required for a complete candidate packet.
- Nominees are required to submit the following documentation by 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 11. Incomplete or late packets will not be considered by the selection committee.
- A personal letter written by the nominee outlining the activities and achievements that demonstrate their contributions toward diversity and inclusion [no more than two (2) typed pages]
- Two (2) letters of reference [each being no more than one (1) typed page]
- These documents must be submitted electronically via the provided Qualtrics survey or hand delivered to the President's Office (Attention to: Commission on Diversity & Inclusion)
- Nominees must notify the Commission by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, Jan. 24, 2022 if planning to submit a paper packet.
Criteria for Reviewing Applications
The award selection committee will review the candidate packages and select two (2) to three (3) nominees to interview. Based off a combination of criteria, the committee will select one (1) faculty member, one (1) staff member and up to two (2) student award/scholarship recipients.
Criteria includes to what extent did the nominee:
- work to advance the university's efforts to celebrate diversity and inclusion?
- identify and challenge obstacles to increasing diversity?
- identify and build university assets and strengths in regards to diversity and inclusion?
- develop and support organizational programs, activities and efforts designed to support or empower underrepresented students, faculty or staff?
- work collaboratively to accomplish the above aims?
The selected nominee will receive notification of the award by Friday, April 1, 2022. Public acknowledgement and the faculty and staff award presentations will take place during the fall Convocation in September 2022, by the University President, or designee.
Previous Award Recipients
Visit the Award Recipients Webpage to view previous award winners.
For More Information
For more information, email email@example.com (Brandi Winfrey).