William Brown Music Scholarship
The Donors wish to support the Gottlieb Family Scholarships to provide continuing scholarship assistance for students majoring in music. The funds contributed to this program will be restricted to students who meet the criteria set at the establishment of the scholarships in the aforementioned disciplines.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Full-time (12 or more hours per semester) undergraduate student who declare an interest in a music major or be accepted as a major in music (junior or senior),
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- Must be a Florida resident, for tuition purposes,
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as professional organizations, volunteer work, or the Student Government Association, and
- Agree to meet with the Donors a maximum of four times an academic year through arrangements made by the UNF Department of Music personnel
2. Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Enroll full-time each semester and earn a minimum of 24 credits by the end of each academic year,
- Maintain a cumulative GPA and program GPA of 3.0,
- Comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the donor, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
3. Required Application Attachments
- One page essay, which includes career aspirations.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with their academic or work performance.
- Yes, with preference, for a maximum of six semesters.
5. Preference and Additional Information
- Students who are eligible for need-based financial assistance and have unmet need at time of award,
- Preference will be given to Martin Gottlieb & Associates and/or Native Sun Natural Foods, Inc. employees' descendants, excluding Donor's immediate family per IRS regulations.
- Additional preference will be given to students residing in the 32204, 32205, 32208 or 32209 zip codes in Duval County and/or graduated from one of the following high schools: Raines, Ribault, Andrew Jackson, or Robert E. Lee High Schools.