Thomas Dodson Biology Fellowship
Established in 2007 by Tom and Jean Dodson, this gift establishes a fellowship for graduate students in the Department of Biology who are majoring in the area of environmental sciences. This is the University’s first endowed Biology Fellowship.
Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet Graduate School admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- Be enrolled as a graduate student in the Department of Biology,
- Declare a major in the area of environmental sciences, and
- Possess a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Enroll full time each semester (at least 9 semester hours),
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0,
- Comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the donor, and
- Remain in good standing as a student
Required Application Attachments
- One page essay, including career aspirations.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Yes, with preference. No more than four semesters.