Scott McRae Shad Scholarship
This scholarship was created in 2001 by the Gottleib family in memory of Scott McRae Shad, a local percussionist. The scholarship is intended to provide funding for University of North Florida students majoring in music, percussion students specifically.
Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- Have a UNF GPA of 2.0,
- Audition successfully for the UNF Music Department percussion faculty, and
- Declare a music major, if a Junior or Senior (freshman and sophomores must have declared an intent to major in music).
Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Enroll full time (12 or more hours per semester at UNF) and earn 24 credits by the end of each spring semester,
- Enroll in and complete an applied tutorial with percussion faculty each semester,
- Participate as a member of UNF Percussion Ensemble each semester,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the Donor and agree to meet with the Donor a maximum of four times an academic year through arrangements made by the Music Department,
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative UNF GPA (to be calculated at the end of each spring semester), and
- Comply with all University regulations, rules and codes of conduct governing students on campus.
Required Application Attachments