Nneka Z. Umunna American Dream Scholarship
The purpose of the gift is to provide scholarship funding for University of North Florida students majoring in Political Science.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- Reside in Florida for tuition purposes,
- Declare a major in Political Science,
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2,
- Complete the application process and be selected by a committee appointed by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Preference will be given to those students who complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need as defined by the University's Office of Financial Aid. Second preference will be given to those students that meet the prior qualifications but who do not demonstrate financial need.
2. Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- enroll full-time with at least 12 hours each semester,
- comply with all University regulations, rules, codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- consent to release grades to the Division of Development and Alumni Affairs for the purpose of reporting to the donor, and
- remain in good standing as a student.
3. Required Application Attachments
- Contact Department of Political Science and Public Administration for application details.
- Yes, with preference, for a maximum of 6 semesters. The amount of the award will be determined by the fund manager, but it cannot exceed the maximum cost of tuition, books, campus housing, meal plan, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, as reflected in the annual "Cost of Education" budget prepared by the Financial Aid Office.