Moyano Family Scholarship in Social Work
The purpose of the award is to provide scholarships for University of North Florida students pursuing degrees in social work.
- Students eligible for the scholarship awards must:
- meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- reside in Florida for tuition purposes,
- be enrolled as an undergraduate student in the Social Work degree program, taking at least 12 credit hours per semester,
- have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0,
- be selected during their junior year with at least 12 months remaining before graduation,
- be scheduled to serve as an intern for two semesters in a macro/policy practice position with one of the large agencies in Jacksonville that serve the older adult population during the academic year the scholarship is awarded,
- complete the scholarship application form and express an intent to have a career working with older populations, and
- be selected by a committee chosen by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Students selected for this scholarship award must also agree to:
- comply with all University regulations, rules, codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- consent to release grades to the Division of University Development and Alumni Engagement for the purpose of reporting to the donor, and
- remain in good standing as a student.